• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Wheels!

sweetpea

100cc
White rose are best, last forever. Second best option I've found is Sullivan skylite with aluminum rims. They last longer than pretty much anything else out there I've found. I almost tried the Flywheelz but have seen the tires fall off and wear out on others that have tried them. No thanks.
Only problem is the added weight. Of the Sullivan alum hub. But a great choice

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
I use thin ca and baking soda and glue the piece O :steamer: things back together for a few more flights:big-grin:.

Then it's more new "PU" wheels:laughing:. But with nice machined aluminum rims.
Better yet, I will make new wheels from 4 inch gauze pads and a half quart of epoxy, them machine the epoxy on a lathe I will build from a Dyson vacuum cleaner. lol

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry

I would be skeptical of the "hard rubber". The machined aluminum rims with that oilite bronze bushing is sweet.
I look around the China market hobby suppliers and find some decent stuff but you have to look hard and determine if it is worthy. I made wheels for my 330sc with China rims and better quality tires. They spin great and no slop.
Photo345.jpg
Photo346.jpg
Photo348.jpg

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
We are testing some new wheels we may use in the near future.
I am personally using stock wheels, and only had one problem on the 100cc Edge: a few months ago, after landing, I made a quick turn while the plane was still rolling too fast; it did a bunny hop, and I cracked one hub. I replaced it, and it has been fine since. In June Gaby did a lot of flights at XFC practicing dead stick spot landings, and we have had no issue. I did hear of a few customers cracking the hubs, so we are trying to get stronger wheels for the future productions.
This does come with a weight penalty; I weighed three versions of the 4-1/2 wheel (150cc):
Stock wheel = 3.75oz
Dubro Wheels (plastic hub) = 4.46oz (these have become too expensive to continue using)
New wheels with metal side walls (picures below) = 5.01oz

Attachments

• IMG_0416.JPG
    IMG_0416.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_0417.JPG
    IMG_0417.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 301

emtp275

100cc
image.jpg Sorry lol these are the shizz nizz, come as a unit axel and wheel you see the bearings here and the tire show zero damage after approximately 30 flights on a 29lbs plane,
I have a set of flywheelz on a 17lbs plane that are smoked after less than 50 flights on grass, only down sides are one; you have to wait a week or so as mine were made to order and two the bearings are so efficant I use a few more feet of runway to stop her lol

Madinpensacola

70cc twin V2
View attachment 42279 Sorry lol these are the shizz nizz, come as a unit axel and wheel you see the bearings here and the tire show zero damage after approximately 30 flights on a 29lbs plane,
I have a set of flywheelz on a 17lbs plane that are smoked after less than 50 flights on grass, only down sides are one; you have to wait a week or so as mine were made to order and two the bearings are so efficant I use a few more feet of runway to stop her lol
Ditto as I said earlier on this thread. I seriously like the Air-Man wheels as someone who likes the "prettier" stuff. I don't say "bling" since I personally define bling as no better than "stock" but look better (like Flywheelz). These truly function far better with strong wheels, full ball bearing hubs and Dubro quality tires. I've got them on three different aircraft and are top notch. If you want shiny then just polish up the wheels with little effort. Same experience with FlyWheelz...blew apart the tires very quickly off pavement on 30 pound airplanes. Ugh, waste of $70 per pair. ;)

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
View attachment 42279 Sorry lol these are the shizz nizz, come as a unit axel and wheel you see the bearings here and the tire show zero damage after approximately 30 flights on a 29lbs plane,
Tell the sponsor 3 1/2" please an Thank you http://airmanwheels.myshopify.com/