• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

WRAM 2013: 3DRCF Event Coverage and Member Experiences!

njswede

150cc
No, just Friday afternoon. It's easier to get a couple of hours off from work than it is to get time off from the family on a weekend... :)

zmonster97

I also had a chance to chat with Colten Clark from Horizon. He's the assistant designer working with Quique Somenzini and is one of the brains behind the Visionaire EPO foam 3D park flyer. He told me about the design process and how this is their contribution to making 3D more accessible to everyone. I hope I have the chance to fly one of these some day.

View attachment 6117

When we get to fly together, I'll let you fly my visionaire!:)

joshgluck

100cc
No, just Friday afternoon. It's easier to get a couple of hours off from work than it is to get time off from the family on a weekend... :)

Shhhh... The family might hear you :)
That's how I made wram on Friday.. When my wife said hey why not go on Saturday to that thing you wanted to go to, I said "well if you really don't mind?" and before she could answer I had my son packed up and we were pulling out in the car.

3DHS had 8 people working the booth. Yes at times some took breaks, went pottie, got something to eat, visited with addicts, etc. But the booth always had someone standing at the table helping people. And that's the truth. I saw no one walk away that didn't get the help they wanted with anything. If someone sincerely wanted something, then they were helped in any manor possible.

The Volunteers all sacrificed their time, money, families, vehicles, vacation time from work, etc to help at the booth. They all were there to help the addicts in anyway possible.
Did they try to enjoy themselves. You bet they did. And 99.9% of the customers enjoyed them too.

Can you make 100% of everyone happy 100% of the time.
Guess not.

This is exactly why I won't buy a 3DHS product right now. The company's attitude towards the customer seems to have changed over the past couple of years. Prior to that, it was a customer focused, growing company, and I only bought 3DHS planes. Today, a guy makes a simple statement that he felt he wasn't helped and somehow the implication here is it's his own fault. According to your math, he is only 1 of 1000, so it must be him...right?

My own experience tends to confirm what this guy has experienced. In the past year, I've attempted to contact 3DHS through emails and phone. First about a gift certificate, and next about the wrong stickers being included in a 57" Extra. Received no replies. The right stickers did show up one day at my mailbox so they must have gotten the email. Just seems a simple reply that they knew and were addressing it would have been nice. By the current customer service philosophy, this must be my problem as maybe I didn't try hard enough to get in contact with them. Seems like we are already chipping away at the 99.9% satisfied delusion.

In this case at the WRAM show, seems a customer friendly response would have been simply acknowledging the guy didn't feel like he was helped and offering something more constructive to change his perception. Instead, it's his fault. That's the new 3DHS customer service philosophy and exactly why I and a growing number of others I see around me who no longer have any interest in 3DHS planes.

I appreciate forums that encourage people to share their experiences, good or bad, and I appreciate an opportunity to share my own opinion. I would have shared this on a customer feedback card, but I've never been offered one!

horton

50cc
RCguy, my apologies for not receiving the service you felt was deserved at the WRAM show. Unfortunately, this occasionally happens at these trade shows. We certainly do not go out of our way to ignore inquires at the booth. But, I do admit there are times that customers are not greeted right away and depending on the situation, may feel they are being ignored. As Jim suggested, a lot of questions were answered over the three days of the show and overall it was a good show.

horton

50cc
I would like to also say, I understand why other vendors do not attend these type of trade shows. The disruption of normal operations, the travel and expense do not make these shows profitable. We do them to promote our products, answer questions and meet our customers as best we can.

econpatric

70cc twin V2
Horton-- I have to respectfully ask for all of us here; why are there so many complaints about this (lack of response on the phones or in emails) on the forums? I have been finding many people (maybe the same) voicing the same complaint on many different forums. As a customer it makes me a bit concerned both for any issues I might have in the future, but also for the future of 3DHS if it continues. You guys have to have one of the biggest followings of any RC Airplane manufacturer/vendor in the world and I and many others are obviously infatuated with your products. If your service is a negative correlation of your growth, isn't this an issue easily resolved with a few more on the service end?

I am sincerely one of 3DHS's biggest fans, and have done my part to spread the word about the amazing products! I just hate to see this turning into a cancer.

Thank you Horton. I guess I should clarify that my original statement was just a blanket statement, not specifically directed at 3DHS. A few of the vendors I went there specifically to see were not there, even though they were on the list, and the ones that were there had either sold off what I was looking for or didn't bring it with them. Not the end of the world...just disappointing. I guess the reason I named 3DHS is, that my passed experiences with them lead me to believe I would receive a warm welcome. I also understand that it could have been a busy day, and the time I was there seemed to be a lull in the action, and they were just taking a break. I continue to believe that 3DHS sells high quality products at fair and reasonable prices and would still consider them for future purchases. It was not my intention to open this can of worms that it has become, in the future I will be very careful as to how I word my posts.

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
We certainly helped DA, with Matt buying a 120, John getting a 60, and I bought a 60 and a RE2 pipe for my new 91 EF Extra. IF 3DHS had the 92 Edge or Bigfoot ready, I would have bought one. It does appear that the DA-70 twin will not fit in the 92 Edge cowl without having the spark plug caps sticking out.

Last edited by a moderator: