• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

WRAM 2013: 3DRCF Event Coverage and Member Experiences!

horton

50cc
Guys, I will address these concerns here once. I do not want this thread to go off topic any more. Has there been hiccups with our customer service in the last year? Yes, it is something I think we are doing a much better job? Yes. Frankly, I was surprised the number of guys that stopped by the booth at the WRAM show to tell me how good our products are and how great our customer service is. If you read the internet, 3DHS hates all it's customers. We are still a customer oriented company. Nothing has changed with this. As I have said before, email is the best way to contact us. We are on the phones all day, but also have other tasks to do during phone hours.

Frankie, I certainly appreciate your comments. But, I would also like to point out the concerns you mentioned were addressed and taken care of, were they not? I remember working with you regarding a gift certificate.

RCGuy, thank you for the response. As I said, we go to these shows to meet our customers and I am sorry we did not have that opportunity.

I must admit I was very surprised that none of the 4 of us that went bought a plane as we brought the truck just for this purpose. Both Gary and I were talking about picking up a Red 104", but there were none of those. As he mentioned, I got a DA-120 that does not have a home yet. I almost picked up a spare 89, but after talking to Noll and Dave from DA I am leaning towards doing a DA-70 in a EF airframe as it should fit in one of those. Also I will have another chance to pick up the spare airframe at FLI and my current one is still intact.

I had quick conversations with Noll, Jim, Joe, and Glen. Later when I went back to buy a fuel tank they were a number of the faithful having a bull session behind the table, and I never noticed the booth not being staffed. This was Friday as I have learned to go when vendors still have stuff and have not gotten beaten down by the weekend. The white 92 is very cool in person. I wanted to pine over Bigfoot, but apparently Joe's is the only one still in one piece until the production ones arrive. GT33 is already bought. Might have to break it in on something less precious.

DA was the highlight for us as well as Tru Turn as I got a killer deal on a few spinners. DA announced the 35, 70, and 100 inline 10 months ago at Toledo and only the 100 inline was just ready to be sold.
Nitroplanes brought a lot of Dynam product, but not much else.
Talking to the Authentic Scale guy has gotten me very excited about doing up a V12 mustang next winter.
The Hitec booth just is not the same as the one at Toledo. Did find out the brushless servos are close as he had a 100 or so samples back in CA. New A9 is unimpressive as it is the same case, just Grey and no module. Latency is fixed.
Horizon's booth is much smaller than Toledo, but they had a lot of product and a lot of the local sponsored people.
Hobbico is also small, but they had the latest engines and radios. Not a lot of airframes.

I usually fly to Toledo for Friday and we were hoping this show would be more like a mini version of that. Sadly, many of the vendors don't come or don't do up nearly as big of a display. Some day I might do the AMA show to compare the three major events. Toledo is where the vendors showcase their new wares and this is 6 weeks too early for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would hope we can move on and remain on topic. My apologies for starting this, but please know that the outcome was not my intention, thought I was just making a simple statement of how I felt. I am glad that so many others enjoyed themselves as this should insure the show moving on in the future.
Thank you again Horton for your sincere responses and accept my apology for letting emotions guide me over other responses.

Now.....who else got new planes ?????

njswede

150cc
You brought up a concern you had and the appropriate person addressed it. Nothing to apologize for. That's how forums are supposed to work and it's great to see that they occasionally DO work that way!

I didn't get any planes, but I picked up a discounted DX8. Love it so far!

gyro

GSN Contributor
You brought up a concern you had and the appropriate person addressed it. Nothing to apologize for. That's how forums are supposed to work and it's great to see that they occasionally DO work that way!

I didn't get any planes, but I picked up a discounted DX8. Love it so far!

+1! however, I'd suggest that here at 3DRCF, they USUALLY work that way!:clap:

Glad to hear it Swede. I'm considering upgrading my DX7 this season, but have yet to decide on what to upgrade to. Trying to be patient as there are some new offerings coming to market in the very near future that I am very interested in. There were some excellent prices on DX8's & DX18's at the show that were hard to pass up.

wedoitall

i cant wait to i get to make it to a show, i havent been to any before. havent been to fly in either. Especially looking forward to the ones that will have alot of 3d guys and gals.

talking about radios, i got to put my hands on the new Futaba radio yesterday. i really like the feel of it, really like the feel. thinking about switching or at least trying it out. would have to sell a few things before i could do that tho.

Stevo

30cc
Picked up a blue 87" There on Saturday, along with a new da60 for it! Just e-mailed Noll and they kindly brought it along for me. The 2 times I passed by, the 3DHS booth was very busy! Looking forward to getting this puppy done and going out to the New Jersey Fly in!
SS

Nothing compares to Toledo. I have to work at getting in a word there. Nice to see Amy and Ben along with the Smith's every year. Maybe they will bring the 2M Osiris and Bigfoot. This year I don't have much a shopping list as I got most of it at WRAM, so this will be just to see the latest and greatest and maybe snap a few pictures. The static displays are impressive there as well. That dragon and one of warbird jets with faux aluminum was worth the price of admission alone.

coreman

50cc
Had you gone to WRAM back in the 1990s? The show had a much different flavor to it then. The last few years in White Plains discouraged a lot of the vendors from coming and the show is just starting to draw some of them back. It is a work in progress but I saw an improvement from last year to this and the venue is much nicer. The point You and Horton both make is very valid, the show isn't a profit making enterprise. You don't turn over a lot of stock at the show AND, it is 6 weeks until Toledo which is where a lot of them put their effort

I must admit I was very surprised that none of the 4 of us that went bought a plane as we brought the truck just for this purpose. Both Gary and I were talking about picking up a Red 104", but there were none of those. As he mentioned, I got a DA-120 that does not have a home yet. I almost picked up a spare 89, but after talking to Noll and Dave from DA I am leaning towards doing a DA-70 in a EF airframe as it should fit in one of those. Also I will have another chance to pick up the spare airframe at FLI and my current one is still intact.

I had quick conversations with Noll, Jim, Joe, and Glen. Later when I went back to buy a fuel tank they were a number of the faithful having a bull session behind the table, and I never noticed the booth not being staffed. This was Friday as I have learned to go when vendors still have stuff and have not gotten beaten down by the weekend. The white 92 is very cool in person. I wanted to pine over Bigfoot, but apparently Joe's is the only one still in one piece until the production ones arrive. GT33 is already bought. Might have to break it in on something less precious.

DA was the highlight for us as well as Tru Turn as I got a killer deal on a few spinners. DA announced the 35, 70, and 100 inline 10 months ago at Toledo and only the 100 inline was just ready to be sold.
Nitroplanes brought a lot of Dynam product, but not much else.
Talking to the Authentic Scale guy has gotten me very excited about doing up a V12 mustang next winter.
The Hitec booth just is not the same as the one at Toledo. Did find out the brushless servos are close as he had a 100 or so samples back in CA. New A9 is unimpressive as it is the same case, just Grey and no module. Latency is fixed.
Horizon's booth is much smaller than Toledo, but they had a lot of product and a lot of the local sponsored people.
Hobbico is also small, but they had the latest engines and radios. Not a lot of airframes.

I usually fly to Toledo for Friday and we were hoping this show would be more like a mini version of that. Sadly, many of the vendors don't come or don't do up nearly as big of a display. Some day I might do the AMA show to compare the three major events. Toledo is where the vendors showcase their new wares and this is 6 weeks too early for that.