• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3D Hobbyshop 106" Edge 540

Madinpensacola

70cc twin V2
Not sure I get your logic. The HS-M7990TH is only 10 more grams or 10% heavier than a 2270. Two 2270s at 140 grams are heavier than the 79 grams of the Hitec.

I think the Hitec may be a negative because of the lack of weight if you like to hover around and generate good tail inertia for pop tops. But in a plane of this size a few grams here and there most likely will not impact CG that much.

The servo tray ALONE weighs 120 grams or 4.3 ounces or 1/4 pound. With the servo its is a bit heavier than a 2 servo setup without a tray. Hitec plus tray is 199 grams.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yowzilla

50cc
With all the talk about CG I think I am going to lay things out like this...

Done so far.
Rudder servo tray cut in deck.
Motor box and leading deck sealed with clear fuel proof paint.
DA-120 mounted and throttle linkage done.
Landing gear.

What smoke pumps are your favorite for the DA-120?

IMG_6661.jpgIMG_6656.jpgIMG_6658.jpg

Madinpensacola

70cc twin V2
Went with TaildraggerRC's new line of carbon fiber spinners with aluminum back plate. This is the 5" model. Love it! More upscale than the included one with the kit and aluminum backed. :cool: Still have to baffle the cowl but had to button it up to see how it looked.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 267
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 254

Madinpensacola

70cc twin V2
Looks sweet. Did you use a single washer and long standoffs?? Gap looks good.

Used an SWB engine mount combined with the included short standoffs. Perfect. Swapped out the included washers on the cowl for neoprene backed/bonded washers too. Vibration/rub elimination I hope. Not sure if I like the tail wheel bling. Looks great...just not sure of the style.:flyer:

Attachments

• IMG_2093.jpg
    IMG_2093.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 261
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 247
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 263

Yowzilla

50cc
If my local club had a runway I would probably have the white rose tail wheel...but not for a grass field....

FYI- The tanks in my pics were not screwed down ...I will move as close to the wing tube as possible....

You are definitely winning the build race...

Madinpensacola

70cc twin V2
If my local club had a runway I would probably have the white rose tail wheel...but not for a grass field....

FYI- The tanks in my pics were not screwed down ...I will move as close to the wing tube as possible....

You are definitely winning the build race...
Ha! Yeah, I'm just pushing a few hours a day in the shop in hopes to maiden this weekend, weather permitting.