• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3D Hobbyshop 106" Edge 540

Madinpensacola

70cc twin V2
Changed my mind. Decided to swap out the White Rose for a J&J. Just matches better. :cool:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 310
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 287

Madinpensacola

70cc twin V2
She lives. Four good flights today breaking in the engine and trimming her out a bit. :flyer:

Attachments

• IMG_2125.JPG
    IMG_2125.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 256
  • IMG_2127.JPG
    IMG_2127.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 323
  • IMG_2128.JPG
    IMG_2128.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 293
  • IMG_2129.JPG
    IMG_2129.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 268
  • IMG_2132.JPG
    IMG_2132.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 289

Madinpensacola

70cc twin V2
looks great! how'd it fly and balance out?

I think just right Gyro. About 5.5" back from the leading edge. Gear front to rear as follows: c/f 5" spinner (will be replaced with a red Truturn when it gets in late next week for a bit better "look" and touch more nose weght), DA120, K&S headers and rear exit canisters, 2x 5200mah Fromeco batteries are strapped in place on each side inside the engine box, then smoke pump, then 2x 32oz fuel/smoke tanks which sit just in front of the main spar. Behind the spare are 2x receivers and then the 2x Savox 2270 rudder servos set up pull-pull. Out back departed from "factory" with a J&J titanium tail wheel setup. Those are the "major" players for CG affect and their locations.

The plane flies great. Coupling is present with rudder both in pitch and roll. Rudder requires a slight amount of UP elevator to mix it out. Rudder requires a slight amount of OPPOSITE aileron to mix it out. Maintaining straight and level either upright or inverted requires a "breath" a.k.a. almost zero elevator input. Very nice.

I'm in the "test your patience" stage of breaking in the engine and getting the needles dialed in "best". 3/4 gallon through it yesterday. The falcon 27x11 prop already rips at FULL throttle so it's quite noticeable with the quiet canisters. 3/4 throttle or below and no rip. We shall see if I'm completely happy with the prop. A zillion "pro" 3D guys can't be wrong, right? :popcorn::cool::rolleyes::D

Last edited by a moderator:

Madinpensacola

70cc twin V2
Just went to my favorite DA120 prop the Vess Stealth 28B. Can't fly til next year though. Glad that's tomorrow. :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    736.9 KB · Views: 312