• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHobbyShop 51" AJ Slick

njswede

150cc
I started to put my new Slick together today, time was limited so only a little progress.

So you finally managed to get a Slick shipped to Scotland? I'm really interested in knowing what you think. (And now I really have to get one too... :))

gyro

GSN Contributor
Tried the banana hobbies genesis 2800 65c lipos in my 51. Woo man those have some power. Much more than my 55c.

I think I read somewhere that they double rate their batts, so that a 65c is really like a 30-35c... have you had it a while? whats the true weight on it?

btw, flew my 51" yesterday. Still getting her trimmed and mixed properly only 12 flights so far. Noticed she has greater tendency to snap out of KE turns than some of my other planes. Is this a CG issue or too much elevator throw or what? Ideas?

The 65cs had more power than a new i believe it was venom 3000mah 40c.
The 55cs are way over rated. They are 25c at best. I like them b/c they will charge at the 8c and have lasted me 200+ cycles already.

Slicks are not the most stable in ke. Just be smooth on the sticks and try not to have the nose really high. Higher the nose the more squirrly it gets

Turnerm

50cc
A little Sunday morning Slickness...

[video=youtube;T3AO4uNqdqo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3AO4uNqdqo&list=UU1GgaD7WlM40qG9bUNV2EiQ&index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

3dhs is out of the landing gear for the slick 51. Anyone know of any aftermarket gear that will work. looked at espirit but not sure how good they are.
Thanks,Eric

gyro

GSN Contributor
If you can't wait for the restock, when I held them side by side, the Extreme Flight 48" EXP series landing gear (Edge, MXS, Laser) looked pretty close. about 1/2 each narrower on each side at the wheels. You might have to re-drill the holes though.