• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS New Products and General Plane Info/Help for Fanatics

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
O man really the 42 slicks are out of stock already? Been trying to manuever funds around with they wife to buy one so I didn't preorder. Ugh. That's a bummer.

G.P.

70cc twin V2
O man really the 42 slicks are out of stock already? Been trying to manuever funds around with they wife to buy one so I didn't preorder. Ugh. That's a bummer.

There are still some available for preorder at ADChobbystore.com. Rob is a great guy to deal with.

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
K may have to go that route.

Edit. Orange preordered from adc. It won't get built right away but they were out of stock so long before this batch. I shoulda been ready to go immediately to order one but alas was not.

hosam

70cc twin V2
Last night I setup my new Motrolfly 4315-500 on my 58 edge for 6S power. I was getting 1250 watts and 60 amps, major improvement over my 4S setup.

Now for a new question, when I did connect the 6S batteries (2x 3S in series) I got a spark as I get with other 6 S packs but this time I want to eliminate it. I found the “anti-spark” connector how to and it notes that you must connect the negative side of the battery first then the “anti-spark” plug then the positive side of the battery, so what happens if you are using dean connectors?

Anti-spark connection.jpg

djmoose

70cc twin V2
It won't work with Dean's connectors.

what you CAN do, though is just get two of those anti spark things and put one on both the negative and positive...hook both of those up, ESC arms, and then plug in the Deans.

njswede

150cc
Or you could simply have two deans in parallel. On one of the deans you hook up a resistor in series with the positive lead.

G.P.

70cc twin V2
Why has no one invented a plug with the spark arrestor built in yet? On full scale aircraft we use a ground power plug that makes contact with two pins first as it is plugged in. Surely that idea could be scaled down for a nice and neat RC application.

hosam

70cc twin V2
It won't work with Dean's connectors.

what you CAN do, though is just get two of those anti spark things and put one on both the negative and positive...hook both of those up, ESC arms, and then plug in the Deans.

Or you could simply have two deans in parallel. On one of the deans you hook up a resistor in series with the positive lead.

thanks :(, you guys have created more work for me now :facepalm:

I think I will get mini deans and hook them in parallel as Swede noted... I should only need one resistor on the positive side unless you guys disagree?!?!