• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS New Products and General Plane Info/Help for Fanatics

dskuro95

100cc
I'm not buying the motor from hobbyking. I am getting ti from Heads up Rc. I hate fighting or fussing over stuff so can we just drop this one? LOL.

And if someone had suggested the hacker, great.... there is a reason for it, they're good motors. That is why their American retailer/distrubtor, Aero-Model was invited to be a sponsor here. Again, an example of a business standing behind their products with support and service.

+1. Sometimes, you have to pay a few dollars more for quality and warranty coverage. That is why HK crap is so cheap. They use the cheapest components, and the USUALLY don't stand behind their stuff.

Ahmed

30cc
This is a pic of the last motor I bought from HK about a year ago, this was during the second flight. I was able to return the motor and the ESC. (for store credit of course)

Picture 004.jpgPicture 005.jpg

As with any purchase decision, it's up to the buyer to do as much research and ask opinions as they desire to make their purchase decision. And the more you ask, the wider variety of opinions you will get!

Obviously, as Gyro stated , you won't find Hk fans here. But if you ask the question in other forums, you'd likely get a much different answer. I know there are tons of folks using HK ESCs, motors, and FPV equipment with great success. Especially on multi rotor equipment.

I have only personally used Zippy batteries from HK and cant speak to anything else. I do know i didnt have any more problems with them than any other brand. I did learn to stay away from Nanotechs. Seen lots of guys using Turnigy motors seemingly without any problems.

One of my funniest event memories is when all the tables at the 3DHS tent were packed full of Zippy batteries that the sponsored pilots were using at a Thunderpower sponsored event! Admittedly, that's what made me try them for the first time and i soon knew why they all were flying them!

Frank

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
Yupp, the Savox is a little faster and has more torque. Plus you can run 7.4v to the Savox whereas the Hitec is only rated for 6v.

http://www.GiantScaleNews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75280

hitec has come out (probably about 1 or 2 years ago) that the 7955 is HV compatable (same specs as the 7954)

and yes, the hitec is programmable, the savox is not

SteveT.

100cc
Yupp, the Savox is a little faster and has more torque. Plus you can run 7.4v to the Savox whereas the Hitec is only rated for 6v.

But...everybody runs the HS-7955TG on HV, and if you call HitecRCD, they will tell you it is fine on HV. I run them in my 89" Slick directly off of two 2S 25 C 2700mAH packs run through a "Power Safe" receiver. I also have them in my 74" EDge, run on 7.4 volts off of a BEC Pro.....

Sorry Eric....didn't see your post before replying...you had obviously replied to that statement...

SteveT.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I have never had to program servos either. Isn't that mostly for when you have two on the same control surface?