• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS New Products and General Plane Info/Help for Fanatics

St3v3

30cc
A bit of feedback for 3DHS if they're reading this forum, its a bad idea to send out an Osiris with the shorter motor mounting bolts loose inside the fuselage, mine arrived in the UK everything was perfectly packaged, all of the parts were in plastic bags and taped up so I'm assuming that they did this where the Osiris was assembled, when I was unpacking it and took the fuselage out of the bag, 4 bolts were rattling around inside and one of the formers was broken near the back of the fuselage, no doubt caused by those bolts, the longer bolts were in the bag of bits, why these bolts were left in the fuselage I have no idea, but you may want to have a word with your supplier as its not nice to have something shipped across the pond to discover something like that.

I've repaired it, but it shouldn't really of turned up like that.

rayonnair

New to GSN!
A bit of feedback for 3DHS if they're reading this forum, its a bad idea to send out an Osiris with the shorter motor mounting bolts loose inside the fuselage, mine arrived in the UK everything was perfectly packaged, all of the parts were in plastic bags and taped up so I'm assuming that they did this where the Osiris was assembled, when I was unpacking it and took the fuselage out of the bag, 4 bolts were rattling around inside and one of the formers was broken near the back of the fuselage, no doubt caused by those bolts, the longer bolts were in the bag of bits, why these bolts were left in the fuselage I have no idea, but you may want to have a word with your supplier as its not nice to have something shipped across the pond to discover something like that.

I've repaired it, but it shouldn't really of turned up like that.

Why not write to 3dhs about it? :confused: I'm sure they'll be very interested to know what their manufacturing/packing guys are doing.

St3v3

30cc
I''l do that, I posted in here as I thought they looked in here from time to time, I must admit I was surprised as I've had no issues with any of my other 3dhs models.

Joe's Dad

70cc twin V2
I''l do that, I posted in here as I thought they looked in here from time to time, I must admit I was surprised as I've had no issues with any of my other 3dhs models.
They do watch the forums. And there's nothing wrong with posting that kind of info here in my opinion. I also know 3DHS does not build their planes and pack em.

So its always a good idea to look any plane(and from any other MFG too) over real good.

When you go buy a new car, you don't just pay for it and drive it home.
You check it out, look for paint issues, scratches, you test drive it, etc.

We buy these planes without seeing/checking them first, so keep that in mind.
I also know Ben spends alot of time over seas working issues like these. So him knowing about them is a good thing.

hosam

70cc twin V2
Guys, I am about to start working on replacing my Velox's motor box and I recall someone recommending a debonder of some sort, can some more direct me in the direction of this good debonder?

Thanks
Hosam

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Guys, I am about to start working on replacing my Velox's motor box and I recall someone recommending a debonder of some sort, can some more direct me in the direction of this good debonder?

Thanks
Hosam

Hosam I use accetone. I know they sell little bottles of debonder for outrageous prices, but accetone works great, and its cheap.