• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Build Log Top Flite P-40E Warhawk Gold Edition kit

rcdude07

70cc twin V2
Former 1B and chin plate glued in. Wing bolt blocks epoxied in and curing. I also added my own tri stock for strength. The next step was to glue the fuse sides to the formers, did this to help the wing bolt blocks to properly touch former 4. Waiting for my epoxy to dry.

rcdude07

70cc twin V2
Tail wheel assembly plywood pieces glued together. Next up,some soldering...

IMG_20140810_134932.jpg

rcdude07

70cc twin V2
Wow...really coming along...I bet your toddler likes it when you have to wait for the epoxy to cure!

Yeah, framing goes quickly. I let my oldest help with the epoxy. He held the other of my mixing stick and helped me mix and spread. Afterwards he wanted to help glue everything with epoxy! :) but I kept the stick so it didn't get on anything.

rcdude07

70cc twin V2
It also helps we've had another weekend of nothing but rain. So the only thing to do is build while the little one plays.

rcdude07

70cc twin V2
I still need to get the flux for soldering the tail wheel assembly. Last weekend I attended a local r/c warbirds only event on Saturday as part of National Model Aviation Day and had a blast grabbing 10 flights in 4 hours on the three planes I took. I'm itching to get back to the build here, but I'm back full time in the office, so my time at home is now limited to my two boys and wife as well as house work.

Charles

70cc twin V2
I have a question. in Post #30 Did you install the CA hinges on the elevator and stabalizer at this point or just tape on the elevator with the blue tape?

Last edited by a moderator:

rcdude07

70cc twin V2
Just tape. I never install hinges until covering time as the more you take out the hinges, the more fuzz comes off and more damage to the hinges. You'll also see I have not shaped the LE yet. As I'll do that after I fit the hinges. Easier to cut give slots na flat surface than angled. Be sure now to mark your center lines on the TE and LE as well as hinge locations in the LE, ensuring a mark is on top for easier transfer to the LE.