• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Is there any 50cc KITS that can do 3D??

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Bluepilot2003,

If you're not biased towards monoplanes, JTEC sells an AWESOME 50cc Pitts M12 kit. I'm sure it will fly aerobatics very well and with the right engine, it would probably do 3D fairly well too.

David

Bluepilot2003

70cc twin V2
I am most definitely not biased towards monoplanes. That's exciting that at least 1 kit was found that could be a contender!!!

Jgsticks

50cc
Holy on the Aerobeez weight! That is a minimum of 1 lb less than every other 50cc I have looked at besides maybe that profile?[/QUOTE]
Yep, I looked for a while for a 50cc at 15lbs. If you have a Da 50 you don't want the bigger heavier 50cc planes.

bob_nj

70cc twin V2
Jgsticks -->
Aerobeez 50cc slick 540 is 15lbs or less. It is one of the better 50cc planes that I have flown. Hard to find a 50cc plane at 15lbs or less

That's good to know.
Just before Christmas that plane went on sale and I got the last two for $389.00 each.
Just another $80 each delivered.
I got two 50cc planes delivered for a few dollars more than one of the planes delivered that I wanted to get which are never ever in stock.
Yikes!

EME had a 50cc sale and I got a 50 for $289

How much did you fly the Aerobeez?
Any opinions on 3D/Freestyle type stuff like elevators and harriers?

When I got the two Aerobeez planes, I individually weighed everything in the box and it came out to 9 pounds, so your 15 pounds or
less is right in there.

I have one on the bench now and am eager to git er done.
Got any video?

Thanks, and take care
Bob

Attachments

• IMG_1228.JPG
    IMG_1228.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_1232.JPG
    IMG_1232.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 246

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Jgsticks -->

That's good to know.
Just before Christmas that plane went on sale and I got the last two for $389.00 each.
I got two 50cc planes delivered for a few dollars more than one of the planes delivered that I wanted to get which are never ever in stock.
Yikes!

When I got the two Aerobeez planes, I individually weighed everything in the box and it came out to 9 pounds, so your 15 pounds or
less is right in there.

Got any video?

Thanks, and take care
Bob
I was looking at those some time back. How is the quality of the plane? Building and lay up good? Glue joints? What about fit of the components when put together? When you look at a plane and the way they are constructed, you get an automatic feeling or impression of "QUALITY". Or not so much. What's your opinion. The reason I ask, is I would like to get a fairy cheap 50cc setup for a knock around plane. My oldest grandson is actually quite good with the sticks and I see him joining his "papa-rob" and "unca-Shayne" at the flying field very soon.

bob_nj

70cc twin V2
The quality of the plane, the build, covering, fit and finish are amazing.
I was quite surprised, and very pleased with my purchase.

Aerobeez is/was very responsive to all of my questions.
There was a piece of hardware missing from one of the boxes and it was promptly shipped!

Good company!

Jgsticks

50cc
Jgsticks -->

That's good to know.
Yikes!

less is right in there.

Got any video?

Thanks, and take care
Bob
I have about 70 flights on mine. It 3d's very well especially with the sfg's. This plane was bought as a plane to push the limits with and so far it has handled the stress just fine. Sorry no video.