• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU 35% Extra 300SP Opinions

Bipeguy03

150cc
Crap, if I'd known you were at the XFC Tom I would met up with ya!! I was there all weekend, my first trip to the XFC, a lot of fun!! Can't wait till next year!

Tseres

150cc
Bipeguy03;9641 wrote: Crap, if I'd known you were at the XFC Tom I would met up with ya!! I was there all weekend, my first trip to the XFC, a lot of fun!! Can't wait till next year!

I was in the PAU Tent most of the time. We probably met and didn't know it. LOL

Spencer N;9614 wrote: You can't go wrong with the extra. Over time i have found that previous freestyle airplanes have either been floaty and could not do fast precise maneuvers, or fast and precise but couldn't do slow 3d. The PAU extra is the perfect combination of both, it does great high speed precision, but it can also slow down to a crawl and be absolutely stable. Definitely my favorite plane for freestyle:smile-new:

Why hello! May I ask who you are? Hahaha

Does anyone have a picture of where the elevator holes are to install it? I just want to have something I can work with so I don't cut random holes for the elevators.

Trevor

9662=3507-image.jpg
9662=3507-image.jpg

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
mooneyrocket;9662 wrote: Does anyone have a picture of where the elevator holes are to install it? I just want to have something I can work with so I don't cut random holes for the elevators.

Trevor

Trevor, there is no randomness: you need to feel the holes in the fuse sides with your fingers through the covering. These openings match the locations of the Stab tube, servo access hole, and anti rotation pin.

After you have opened those, install the stab with he stab tube, and this will line up the locations for the retaining screws holes.
attachment.php
attachment.php

9676=3512-Fuse cuts.jpg
9676=3512-Fuse cuts.jpg
9676=3511-Stab Cuts.jpg
9676=3511-Stab Cuts.jpg

I found my 4th SWB standoff that I was looking for so desperately in Wenatchee!!!! So now I have all 4 and can mount the engine again lol!

Geno;10001 wrote: Glad ya found it.

Ya thanks lol, btw can you help me drill the holes in both those props sometime? I REALLY don't want to screw that up. Plane is coming along nicely! See ya out at the field tomorrow, text me as you go so I'll know when to come.

Trev

Bipeguy03

150cc
Tseres;9653 wrote: I was in the PAU Tent most of the time. We probably met and didn't know it. LOL

LMAO!!! Yea most likely!! Do you remember seeing a big guy with a Blue Airtronics shirt and a TruTurn hat at all? lol