• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Rebuilding the Compy MX2.

reyn3545

100cc
Eyes did great, thanks! A little tearing, but it was a little windy, so I would expect a few tears.

Plane flew terriffic, but I blew one of the cans off of the header on tbe first flight, did't feel like taking the cowl bolts off at the field, plus I want to drill and put a small screw through the teflon and into the can, so that's a home shop job.

No trimming at all.... straight and level right out of the box!

Glad to hear! That same thing happened on Terry's Custom MX2 with the DA 150. A couple screws cured that.

Glad its back home in 1 piece! :)

Still have a few weeks for mine to get here.

reyn3545

100cc
I don't know what brand of cans the previous owner sold me... but neither size of KS comfort mounts fits them well. The 75mm mounts are too large, and the 65mm mounts are too small. So, I bought the 75mm mounts and used some header wrap around the canister to fill the gap. Maybe I should have used another layer of wrap.

Doesn't matter, I'll fix it. The motor ran great, plane flew great, and I didn't go blind! With the baffles, the motor never even got above 180 degrees until after I landed, much cooler than I expected.

reyn3545

100cc
Bunky... you're a Futaba guy... how do I set failsafe on the second R7008SB receiver?

Never mind... just found out that I need to set FS on each channel. Strange that every channel on the first receiver defaulted to where I wanted it (neutral), but none on the second receiver did.

Last edited:
Yeah..... Not a Futaba guy.... I would say, if the Futaba 18 is anything like the JR top tier radios, you have to set each channel. I have mine set to "HOLD". Which holds the last input. Simply because, if I were to get signal back, I would know it, as I hold my next input on the sticks. It is just something I have trained myself to do. Even back in the 72 days, get a glitch pull the throttle off and pull full elevator and wait for it to come back.

I don't know what brand of cans the previous owner sold me... but neither size of KS comfort mounts fits them well. The 75mm mounts are too large, and the 65mm mounts are too small. So, I bought the 75mm mounts and used some header wrap around the canister to fill the gap. Maybe I should have used another layer of wrap.

Doesn't matter, I'll fix it. The motor ran great, plane flew great, and I didn't go blind! With the baffles, the motor never even got above 180 degrees until after I landed, much cooler than I expected.

I believe those cans are PeFa's. If they are PeFa's, they are 70mm diameter.

Gotcha covered man! :) Aircraft International has those can mounts for the PeFa's. I don't recall the can number. They may be a L or XL. Well, L/80 or L/80K. The "K" is bigger in diameter vs the "non K".

If the canister BODY length NOT INCLUDING inlet is around 15" long, then you have either the L/80 or LL or the LV/80 or LLV canister.

http://www.aircraftinternational.co...RtnTab/213/PageIndex/1/CatID/116/Default.aspx

Scroll to the bottom of the page, and you will see the style of can mount the PeFa's use. :)

:)

Last edited:

reyn3545

100cc
Yeah, but I already have the platform for the soft mounts epoxied in, plus I love those mounts... i'll make them work!