• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Skip Stewart's P3 Revolution, 60cc, Horizon Hobby, NEW!

Don't have too, Just pull it, fuel it, charge it, and fly it.
20150811_193723.jpg

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Decision, Decision, Decisions.

Do I get a 3W55CS and a PAU Extra or do I buy the Revolution and the additional servo's I need. I already have a 3W70 at home that's set aside for my AMR Stick (if it ever gets finished). It's not a CS, but I'm more than positive it will make this Bipe do anything I know how to make it do.

BTW, before any of you wise guy's make the comment. Buying both IS NOT an option. . . . . . :D

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey @Moki , I was just scanning the Instruction Manual and I did not see a pipe tunnel in the bottom of the fuselage.

I did see one little detail I like. It is the fact that they have already drilled a nice big hole in the firewall for a rear intake engine. I know it doesn't sound like much, but it sure would save me hacking out a hole in the firewall myself.

Edit.
After looking more thoroughly at the manual, it appears that the servo's I currently have may not quite be up to the task which means, I would need to buy 9 more servo's . . . . . :ugh:

Last edited:

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I'm still thinking HARD about this AWESOME plane. This Revolution may cause me to do something I've never done in the 15 plus years I've been flying. Which is use a servo other than Futaba in one of my planes (other than my foamies). I've been looking at the Savox servo's for a while now, but I don't know if I can convince myself to try them. A friend of mine tried them for the first time in his new 91"EF Extra and he likes them, but I don't know.

Sorry for taking the thread so far off topic.

When I was putting together my 89" Slick 3 years ago, I discovered a Futaba 9156 with a problem on the rudder so I bought a Savox 2270 to put in its place. It's been a solid servo and I'm probably going to go with Savox on my Dalton 300 if I ever finish building it.

siko_flyer

70cc twin V2
I was always a Hitec fan, but I could not afford Hitec's with the torque I needed and the amount of servos needed for my 104" slick, I went with Savox and they will probably be the only thing I use from now on.