• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Viper-ST 100-120cc scratch build......it continues!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Terryscustom said
We had a great time with the Viper-ST in Rolla, glad we went although it was a LONG drive.    Just about 1300 miles round trip!

image023.jpg

image122.jpg

image134.jpg

image225.jpg
I have "GOT TO" git me one of these.... I fell in love with that airframe the moment I saw the first video on UTUBE. Now it's gonna be a hard choice for Spring. A new PAU or a new Viper. Come on Terry...send me one...LOL

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
stangflyer said

I have "GOT TO" git me one of these.... I fell in love with that airframe the moment I saw the first video on UTUBE. Now it's gonna be a hard choice for Spring. A new PAU or a new Viper. Come on Terry...send me one...LOL
Thanks, but it will take a little labor on your part since it will be in kit form
winking-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif
      I'm going to do my best to have canopy and cowl ready by end of October.       Fuse and foam should be all set.      I'll be building another one for myself during the Winter
nodding-yes-by-a-very-happy-smiley-emoticon.gif

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Terryscustom said
stangflyer said

Thanks, but it will take a little labor on your part since it will be in kit form
winking-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif
      I'm going to do my best to have canopy and cowl ready by end of October.       Fuse and foam should be all set.      I'll be building another one for myself during the Winter
nodding-yes-by-a-very-happy-smiley-emoticon.gif

Ah hell...kits don't scare me. 

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Sorry for not posting much, finally we are looking at a few weekends at home!!! Don't get me wrong, I'd rather be traveling, hucking and having a great time.....but it's getting to be building season.

I'll be working on the new cowl plug here and there throughout the week and this coming weekend so I'll post a few pics as I go. I'll also be cutting a few kits and starting on another one for myself and looking forward to it!!

Applying a little drywall compound to aid in filling some gaps and smoothing a bit before fiberglass:

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 209
  • image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:

Fibertech

70cc twin V2
Tony and I got together for the hand off of the fuse that Terry had assembled earlier on thread. Having not saw the bones until know I must say Terry has done a great job. All the joints are have a nice clean and tight fit and no over glue.

So know I have some work to do on getting the foam cut and fitted. I'll post as I go on foam progress.