• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Viper-ST 100-120cc scratch build......it continues!

balsa

50cc
winking-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif
Nice work Terry hope it all comes together.

sf-cool.gif
 ok i will take a kit and lookinfg forward to updates

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
We had a worlds first tonight.  2 Vipers flying at the same time.  What better way to celebrate than by hovering together.

Viper-flying-10-1-14-018.JPG

Viper-flying-10-1-14-012.JPG

Bemeson

50cc
Terry and Eric those planes look awsesome.  Terry the scheme on the Yellow viper is awesome.  Someday we will spend some time so I can learn some of your mad skills.  I have the picture of your Viper showing those 1283's up in the shop and everyone comments on it every day.

Thanks

Brian

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks Eric and thanks Pat for snapping a couple pics.      Sux that the days are getting shorter, with some luck next week we'll get some nice days with the next heat wave so we can get out more.

The fuselage I build in this thread is on it's way to be checked with CNC cut foam so I'll be starting another fuse in the next week or two.     October is a busy month with the business so I'll post as soon as I get started.       I'm going to build myself another one with all the internals from the original orange ST Viper.      I will make the next one with the same scheme only with black / White / Silver / Green covering.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Well over the next few weeks the posts will be few but I am going to be working hard on the cowl plug and hope to have a mold by the end of October.      The canopy plug needs a little more work to smooth out some bumps and that should be good as well.       With luck Mother nature will be gentile with us so we can make a road trip to Fibertechnmore to deliver the mold and plug.      Worst case, pack them well and ship them.....may be cheaper than gas anyway.

I am also working on building Ericb a set of ST wings for the 70cc Viper.    I'm pretty amazed how well it flies with the 120 on those wings but for better performance down low and also split ailerons and SFG's it'll be better to get him set up with those.

Once the cowl and canopy are done the fun part starts......I get to build another Viper!!!!      Plus we will try to get a few kits out there as well.      These are very quick to build and I will be doing a number of instructional threads and posts this Winter on vacuum bagging and just sheeting foam in general.

Be sure to re-subscribe since the GSN software switch, I'll try to get things rolling soon on here with a fresh build!!!