• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Viper-ST 100-120cc scratch build......it continues!

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Thanks Cody, I'm pretty happy with it.....thankfully. Lots of time and money invested in this cowl.

My second one looks a little less like a kindergartner did the filler LOL. However with the gelcoat it is still only .2oz lighter than the first try. Probably because the filler material is actually 75% micro balloons so there is basically no weight with that. Still happy, a cowl this size that is basically ready to scuff and prime and weighs 15oz without the holes cut in the front.

So last night I cut myself a kit that I plan to start on later today if it works, but most likely tomorrow. I want to test fit my DA100L before I ship it back to DA for some service.

Pictured are all of the laser and CNC parts for the kit, including SFG's, CNC cut control horns with mounting blocks. The cowl ring is also flush fit to the back of the cowl so the cowl does not overlap the fuselagehttp://www.GiantScaleNews.com/forums/images/smilies/198.gifhttp://www.GiantScaleNews.com/forums/images/smilies/198.gifTakes extra time and effort to get tolerances that close, but hey.....if yer gonna do it, do it right is my motto.

Looking great.

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
Hey Terry, Its been awhile. I look forward to seeing some more builds from you! I will be back on mine soon

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Awesome as always....plus this new GSN site is this schnitz for viewing with PC or smartphone!!!!!!!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
HANGIN OUT IN THE BASEMENT THIS MORNING BURNING UP A COUPLE KITS. THOUGHT ID TEST POSTING A PIC FROM MY PHONE.

Edit: Well that works but my phone will only allow me to type in caps on here.

Attachments

• IMAG0879.jpg
    IMAG0879.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 244

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Rick posted some cool pics of foam cutting over at the other place (where the crickets are chirping loudly I must add). Maybe he'll post them over on this thread. CNC foam cutting looks just too cool, good thing I have enough tool / toy's already.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
HANGIN OUT IN THE BASEMENT THIS MORNING BURNING UP A COUPLE KITS. THOUGHT ID TEST POSTING A PIC FROM MY PHONE.

Awesome. Already up to S/N 3.

Daytonarc

70cc twin V2
Rick posted some cool pics of foam cutting over at the other place (where the crickets are chirping loudly I must add). Maybe he'll post them over on this thread. CNC foam cutting looks just too cool, good thing I have enough tool / toy's already.
you can never have enough tools/toys or clamps.:dancing-chicken:

BalsaDust

PICK ME PICK ME. I wanna build it. LOL all looks great man. You rock at this stuff.