• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Viper-ST 100-120cc scratch build......it continues!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I see Rick has not been on here yet since the new site was up and so I have to give him some props.....he has been working hard to convert my hillbilly hand foam templates into CNC cut foam masterpieces so here are a few pics he posted over on the "site where crickets chirp".

He is a real craftsman as well, can't wait to get my hands on this foam next week!!!!!!

Attachments

• BTD 4.png
    BTD 4.png
    57.1 KB · Views: 253
  • FD 2.png
    FD 2.png
    58.2 KB · Views: 258
  • BD 9.png
    BD 9.png
    47.1 KB · Views: 259
  • BD 6.png
    BD 6.png
    59.8 KB · Views: 247

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Since I've been sort of a crash test dummy for different materials and processes on this whole cowl / mold project I thought I'd try to take it to the next step and do a pre-primed in the mold cowl!!!! What!??!?!?! Yeah, I spent too much time surfing youtube and got this bug in my head to try this. 2K primer I chose is supposed to have good filler and sanding properties and being a 2K primer it should not have the shrink involved with rattle can and 1K primers so weave should not show through.

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 221
  • image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 202
  • image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 213
  • image004.jpg
    image004.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 262
  • image005.jpg
    image005.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Yes it will eliminate all pinholes just like my gelcoat layer used on the previous ones but with half the weight. Also very little wait time to go into glassing. Pretty much clean my paint gun, mix some resin and the primer is set enough to brush on.....perfect! Pics in a little bit...

crashflow

70cc twin V2
Its pretty awesome to be friends with a guy who is in the middle of a legendary and historic airplane building career.! Long after were all gone they will still be talking about Terry!! Great Job

Last edited: