• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

110" TIMBER Assembly Thread

Which Gas Engine will you use!?!?

• Total voters

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Sounds like a lame excuse, but nothing is out of the question these days.
Hey, After watching your video, I am puzzled by something.
You added a ton of weight to the back of your Timber. I have the exact same set up now, but my batteries are located just behind the left side hatch opening and mine balances at 5", just a hair more nose heavy with the new gear. The airtops are quite heavy as well. so wondering why yours needed so much tail weight?
BTW had the re-maiden today in pretty windy conditions and it flies great with the new gear and repairs made. dropped it it a little hard and the gear didn't flex a lot which is the way it is supposed to be, as I see it. but it does move. I switched to a 22x10 prop and have 5" of ground clearance as is. Too early to tell much, but the performance is nearly the same with that prop. bites a lot more on initial acceleration it seems. have to wait and do more flights.

View attachment 118315 View attachment 118316

It's the PR Bushwheels ;) They weigh like 1.2lbs each.

Congrats on the re-maiden!

Yeah, I agree about the excuse... seems like they could have kept it alive - but who really knows what's really going on behind the scenes.

PXL_20210726_134138663.jpg
Well, it's been a long road, but I've finally completed my Timber and it flies beautifully!! Here's my setup:
DA50, Vess 23A prop
X-Cub main, 8" AirTops
Spektrum 12ch RX
(2) Pulse 3600 2s batteries
Spektrum A6380 servos
A6320 for the rudder
TechAero IBEC
VVRC 24oz fuel tank

Seems to work well, I'll post pics when I get a chance.

Thanks to everyone for their posts! I've read this thread multiple times during my build! Great info!

WMcNabb

150cc
View attachment 118350 Well, it's been a long road, but I've finally completed my Timber and it flies beautifully!! Here's my setup:
DA50, Vess 23A prop
X-Cub main, 8" AirTops
Spektrum 12ch RX
(2) Pulse 3600 2s batteries
Spektrum A6380 servos
A6320 for the rudder
TechAero IBEC
VVRC 24oz fuel tank

Seems to work well, I'll post pics when I get a chance.

Thanks to everyone for their posts! I've read this thread multiple times during my build! Great info!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

It only took a month... but I have another video of the 110" Timber flying off those river rocks I posted earlier. I'd say the plane/tires handled the terrain better than I thought!

Nice video, Not a lot worse than my normal flying field :) kidding, which has been shortened recently, It will be foamies, STOL, and helicopters only now, this video is the long field.
(2) timber 110 first flights - YouTube

Next plane will be the new DW 94" 30cc Zlin Savage Bobber. All welded fuselage. Will ditch the tennis ball wheels, and maybe the gear.

242081314_1032956234157362_494079053180211011_n.jpg