• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

110" TIMBER Assembly Thread

Which Gas Engine will you use!?!?

• Total voters

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Video! that only took 30hours to process in 2.7k.... enjoy!

Great flying and great video really enjoyed it watched it twice and probably a few more times. The large front wheel do good job but there were a few shots of the Tailwheel really taking a beating. Thanks for doing that.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks guys! @WMcNabb Enough time to grind your beans, boil water, French press, and enjoy a full cup LOL!
@Snoopy1 Thank you! I've watched it so many times editing I was starting to get numb! But YES, that little wheel is getting a whoopin! I'm surprised the plastic hasn't broken, and the rudder hasn't had any impact damage from the wheel.... and that the OEM spring is still good - I've bent it back a couple times. It's just mesmerizing to see that 8.75" tire conforming to it's surroundings.
@-Rick- THANKS!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks guys! @WMcNabb Enough time to grind your beans, boil water, French press, and enjoy a full cup LOL!
@Snoopy1 Thank you! I've watched it so many times editing I was starting to get numb! But YES, that little wheel is getting a whoopin! I'm surprised the plastic hasn't broken, and the rudder hasn't had any impact damage from the wheel.... and that the OEM spring is still good - I've bent it back a couple times. It's just mesmerizing to see that 8.75" tire conforming to it's surroundings.
@-Rick- THANKS!
If my memory serves me you got the Tailwheel with three leafs and I got as many others only two leafs on the Tailwheel, that’s good you really need the three.

speaking of tailwheels, I have not acted yet, (waiting to see if I need tail weight or the CG point) But Ohio Superstars makes an unbreakable unbendable 1/3 scale unit including a 2 7/8" wheel, spring steel leaf springs, 6061 T6 casters, ball bearing, weighs 5 3/4 oz, has anyone weighed the stock gear? I don't have a scale. The holes don't line up, but he is willing to drill a hole for me before he tempers the steel because afterwards it would be nearly impossible with normal drill bits. I used to use his products exclusively on my 120cc 30 pound towplanes and never had a failure, bullet proof. Interestingly although a different layout the over all length and height are almost identical to the stock gear. 80 bucks. Note the clamp on the springs is just a keeper for shipping, there is a bolt hole there.

third+scale+tailwheel+1.png third+scale+tailwheel+3.png

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
speaking of tailwheels, I have not acted yet, (waiting to see if I need tail weight or the CG point) But Ohio Superstars makes an unbreakable unbendable 1/3 scale unit including a 2 7/8" wheel, spring steel leaf springs, 6061 T6 casters, ball bearing, weighs 5 3/4 oz, has anyone weighed the stock gear? I don't have a scale. The holes don't line up, but he is willing to drill a hole for me before he tempers the steel because afterwards it would be nearly impossible with normal drill bits. I used to use his products exclusively on my 120cc 30 pound towplanes and never had a failure, bullet proof. Interestingly although a different layout the over all length and height are almost identical to the stock gear. 80 bucks. Note the clamp on the springs is just a keeper for shipping, there is a bolt hole there.

View attachment 117900 View attachment 117901

Looks nice! I wouldn't worry about weight in the tail. I have 6oz of weight in the tail as it is.

servos arrived, I cheaped out and went with a Chinese brand. A lot of guys in Australia seem to be using them even on 30/40% aerobatic ships, hope they are ok. I won't be flogging this plane and it won't be getting a lot of air time so I think they suit my needs well. 50 bucks each Titanium and aluminum gears ,coreless motor, 2 bearings etc. Radio pictured is shipped today from Singapore should be in by weeks end. NoW I have some work to do Yeah!
I'll post a review of the servos after I test them on the plane for centering etc.
IMG-20210503-WA0000.jpg IMG20210503130555.jpg IMG20210503134142.jpg

fun with wires today, got the wing harnesses fabricated, actually installed two wing servos without radio to see the geometry. using top hole in horn and a 1 3/4" spacing on a 2" arm seems to give 98% max throw or so. not sure how the geometry will work, I think that is ok, correct me if I'm not remembering correctly. seems the alignment is off so I'm splitting differences, won't know until I plug it in, detach the servo arm and get endpoints.

Attachments

• IMG20210505121848.jpg
    IMG20210505121848.jpg
    562.7 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG20210505125942.jpg
    IMG20210505125942.jpg
    421 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG20210505130111.jpg
    IMG20210505130111.jpg
    400.8 KB · Views: 162