• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 25% Krier Kraft build, a tribute to grampa.

Bipeguy03

150cc
Yep, I fully intend to have the plans available in the near future. I want to get the prototype flying first, then I will make the last few tweaks to the plans and get them up to the print shop to be copied.

Not sure what the cost will be but it won't be much. I don't intend to make any money from model airplanes, I do it for the love of it.

I think it would be neat though if by selling plans I could raise enough money to get a brick in the walk of fame at AMA headquarters in my grampa's name.

donnie fendley

New to GSN!
20160923_104037.jpg

Yep, I fully intend to have the plans available in the near future. I want to get the prototype flying first, then I will make the last few tweaks to the plans and get them up to the print shop to be copied.

Not sure what the cost will be but it won't be much. I don't intend to make any money from model airplanes, I do it for the love of it.

I think it would be neat though if by selling plans I could raise enough money to get a brick in the walk of fame at AMA headquarters in my grampa's name.

Hi Bipeguy03 To place a brick in the walk of fame at AMA headquarters in your grampa's name,that's great.For your information this just one of four airplanes that I am planing on building. Harold Krier was a very good friend of my back in 60's. At present I am building a 38% Krier's great lakes special it is about 50% at present.

View attachment 98253

Hi Bipeguy03 To place a brick in the walk of fame at AMA headquarters in your grampa's name,that's great.For your information this just one of four airplanes that I am planing on building. Harold Krier was a very good friend of my back in 60's. At present I am building a 38% Krier's great lakes special it is about 50% at present.

Now that looks like a project. Now back to the Krier thread.

Bipeguy03

150cc
The fuel system is in an leak checked, a charge jack installed so I can check the RX battery voltage without pulling the wings off, and after I run the engine a few times and go through the airframe to ensure all the hardware is staying tight, it'll be time.

If all goes well, and the weather holds tomorrow (Sunday) will be the day.

623.jpg

Bipeguy03

150cc
Unfortunately no test flight today. It took a while to get the engine running reliably, which ended up being a fuel flow issue that we had to chase out. Once we got it running, I found a few small issues and I want to address them before I test fly it.

I did however get to taxi it around for a bit, and it feels great to see it move under it's own power lol. Out side of a slight resonance at very specific RPM, the engine and airplane runs smooth as silk. That resonance may be the prop, so I want to get a little pickier with the balancer.

The weather is supposed to turn bad tomorrow and Tuesday but the weather man says Wednesday is supposed to be beautiful so we're gonna shoot for that.

For now here's a video of it taxiing around, I don't have a YouTube account so I have a link to my Facebook video set to public. I'll probably open a YouTube account in the next day or so, so I can upload a good flight video when it happens.

https://www.facebook.com/james.mcco...000814411988/1424271774276623/?type=2&theater