• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

30% Pilot Carbon EDGE Build & Discussion

Bbcorvette18

70cc twin V2
in order to clean up the wiring through the fuselage, I needed a way to get power and signal to the aileron servos without having to plug them into the receiver directly every time I put the wings on. Taildragger RC was again the savior for this problem. They sell flush mount multiplex connectors that work great for this purpose. I routed the aileron servo wires through the blue flex conduit and terminated them at the power board on one end, and soldered the female multiplex half of the connector to the other end. This was installed in the fuselage wall on each side. The male half of the connector was soldered to the extension lead of the servo in each wing. This worked perfect! Now, when you put the wings on, or take them off, you simply plug them in or un-plug them! Taildragger also sells flush mount multiplex harnesses for those of you who have more than one servo per wing.

View attachment 29501 View attachment 29502

Are those in the wing pocket? I assume they are but its hard to see

bruceman

50cc
The female side of the connector, mounted in the fuselage line up with the hole in the wing pocket. The male end, which is soldered to the servo extension is loose. leave enough slack in the servo extension to plug them in before you slide the wings all the way in. There are no mounting features on the male side to mount them in the wing pocket. Besides, that would be a pretty critical alignment when you put the wings on, the pins in the connector could bend. This has worked out great for me....no more fishing your extensions through the fuselage to the receiver....PLUG IN AND GO PLAY!

bruceman

50cc
The multiplex connectors are also keyed, so no more plugging you ailerons in backwards. could not be easier. Try it....You'll like it!

bruceman

50cc
Your correct [MENTION=3]GYRO[/MENTION] I'm sure that there are other suppliers for multiplex connectors, I mention @taidraggerrc because Chad has worked to produce some nice multiplex harnesses for pilot / builders who use more than one servo per wing. This sure makes getting in the air at the field a lot faster as well as the confidence that everything is plugged in correctly. One check mark on your pre-flight check list you can rest easier in knowing it's right.

In the picture below you can see two panels added that are strictly for aesthetics. these two panels are fabricated in the same way as the fuselage wall panels. 1/64" lite ply, covered with Ultracote trim.. the cutouts are done by hand (and do take awhile). I thought this added a nice finished look to the inside of the fuselage. The industrial /air frame look makes the inside POP! There is also another panel that covers the turtle deck opening. .25mm carbon fiber accents were added to these panels to carry the carbon theme throughout the fuselage. The carbon fiber accent on the turtle deck cover can be seen through the canopy when it is in place.

P1016824.JPG

gyro

GSN Contributor
Yes Bruce, I know Chad sells stuff... I just prefer to recommend those who support our forum, members, events, and help keep the lights on. I go to www.3drcparts.com for my servo harnesses because I like the owner's approach to business.

Either way, I like the way you used them a surface mount on the outside of the fuse, I didn't think of that the last time I used the multi-servo harness. Cool idea! :)

bruceman

50cc
Sorry, I get it:facepalm: lights on is a good thing. This is my first build thread, I'll try to be more in tune with site sponsors

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
One other thing I've seen is where guys will put a male on the wing and the female on the fuse and when the wings are attached the connection is made without even having to plug anything in! I would be scared of a connection like that but I've seen pics of guys doing it! It sure would be a nice feature but I'm not willing to test it on my planes! :-D

gyro

GSN Contributor
Sorry, I get it:facepalm: lights on is a good thing. This is my first build thread, I'll try to be more in tune with site sponsors

No need for you to worry about that in your thread Bruce, it's perfect as it is :)

I was just highlighting to others who might read it an alternative source for products so they can compare prices and service and make their own decision.

Can't wait to see this plane in person in few weeks

Humm. I would hope constructive input is considered in discussions on planes. Let's face it there is usually something that needs to be said to understand the differences between planes and companies that make and sell them. Perhaps some might not build as easy but fly great or vice versa.

Please be honest in your reviews.

For this review I wonder why there is so much carbon going into this plane. Is it because you want it to look really cool on the ground or does the plane need it for structural reasons?