• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D 30cc hazzbro extra

BalsaDust

Once you add the cap strips to the ribs it will increase it's strength ten fold. Should be no need for any extra bracing.

BalsaDust

To me I would say yes but if you have already put them in then it will prolly be difficult to get them back out.

kwj48

70cc twin V2
Think of it this way. When you put on the cap strips you're basically creating an I beam.

BalsaDust

20grams is roughly 3/4 of an ounce. If that's the total that's added with all of them then no it's not that much for this size bird but if that's what each double adds then yes that will add up quick.
There is kind of a fine line for the wieght on a plane in my opinion. To light and they can be excessively floaty and to heavy really increases the wing loading and can cause wierd stall habits. There is kind of a sweet spot where it is light enough to float but at the same time heavy enough that it will carry the energy through a manuver. All it what you want I guess but trust me when I say any of the profiles that are "BRO APPROVED" meening they came from a designer on the profile brotherhood website then they where designed to take a beating and keep on ticking.
Take my sbach45 for example. First flight I ripped the wings off (my fault used the wrong type of wood on the joiner block for the wings). It went in nose first at wide open throttle from at least 50' up and the fuse was not damaged at all minus some ripped covering.
If you want some good advice on this plane I would advise looking over on the ProBro site and contacting HazzBro as he is the designer and can give you all the info you need.
Sorry if this has been long winded Im just trying to help you have a wonderful profile experience.

Where might you be located anyways as Kenny of I might be able to point you in the direction of a member of the PROBRO site who is close to you.

daman691003

70cc twin V2
Ok. Great. I was just a little nervouse. Cause there has been a few problems with the kit. I know it's contest grade balsa. I live in Boston ma.

Hazzbro

30cc
Ok. Great. I was just a little nervouse. Cause there has been a few problems with the kit. I know it's contest grade balsa. I live in Boston ma.

Just was directed to this post by one of the Bros on the profilebrotherhood site. I'll certainly help with any questions that I can. I may not respond very fast though due to my work schedule but I'll try as I can.

Hazz