• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D 30cc hazzbro extra

Hazzbro

30cc
I have seen this before once when the CNC machine had a travel/calibration error. Easy enough to fix by using the inboard wing rib as a drill template. Just fill the hole with a scrap of balsa then re-drill the hole. If it's not too far off you can just redrill and add a little gorilla glue, square the dowel to the fuse and glue. The main dimension you want correct is up down, fore aft could be slotted slightly if necessary.

Make sense?

I'll let WW know so he can let the CNC source know and correct it.

daman691003

70cc twin V2
Ok that how I was going to fix it. Don't u need a tight fit on anti rotation pins. Also if that's off what else is off

Hazzbro

30cc
Yeah, it mainly happens on the really long cuts on the ply sides...the longer the travel the more a minute travel calibration issue shows up. Built a couple with this and the front anti rotation pin is about all that's off that matters.
He pin should be tight. For the amount yours looks off is just redrill it add some gorilla glue, slide in a small balsa scrap to fill most of the gap, and let the glue foam (wetting the wood first of course). This will fill in the hole well. Remember this design is deliberately redundant with anti rotation pins, wing tube, and three wing bolts.

BalsaDust

Most importantly it's a slab, build it, cover it, stuff and fly the dog crap out of it. They are more fun that $2 (well we won't go there). I promise once you have it flying you will love it though.

daman691003

70cc twin V2
So I have been gone a while. But I have been working slowly on her. First dry fit. I'm happy so far. There has been quit a few mistakes on my part. But I fix and keep moving forward.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 216
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 231
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 232

Hazzbro

30cc
So I have been gone a while. But I have been working slowly on her. First dry fit. I'm happy so far. There has been quit a few mistakes on my part. But I fix and keep moving forward.

One question, did you make a lap joint under the d-tube slice in the wing sheeting. I've never built a wing with an edge joint in the d-tube wing sheeting. Maybe others have?