• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 58" Edge 540

SteveT.

100cc
Yes, they are M4.....and the procedure to mount the motor is to remove the shaft collar at the rear of the motor, and then pull the bell off....mount the rear portion of the motor, then hold the collar in place with a pair of needle nose pliers, and slide the bell back on, making sure that the shaft goes through the collar. Then tighten the set screws, making sure that you align the set screw with the flat on the shaft....

SteveT.

Yes, they are M4.....and the procedure to mount the motor is to remove the shaft collar at the rear of the motor, and then pull the bell off....mount the rear portion of the motor, then hold the collar in place with a pair of needle nose pliers, and slide the bell back on, making sure that the shaft goes through the collar. Then tighten the set screws, making sure that you align the set screw with the flat on the shaft....

SteveT.

Sounds a lot more fiddly than putting the bolts through the X first, then attaching the X to the motor and then bolting up to the firewall, but to each his own :)

joshgluck

100cc
Sounds a lot more fiddly than putting the bolts through the X first, then attaching the X to the motor and then bolting up to the firewall, but to each his own :)

+1

Steve any reason not to take the easy way out? Is your method used to mark the fw too for drilling? If so I can understand wanting the shafts and collar to stay to ensure they are centered in the opening. If not, I'm with Matt.

On another note, or actually the same reply. I'm just full of........ Questions today.

Anyone have a pic of their 6s battery installed in the edge? I'm struggling (new to electrics) with how to install straps and leverage a strip down the center plus on the pack. The latter I got, the strap is a pirate, seems to always get stuck or fall. On the batt placement feels like I have mine really far forward like almost at the firewall. Guess I could move up the receiver.

Thx!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Actually, I think Ken strongly recommends that the motor not be disassembled AT ALL, so I've never disassembled any of mine. I'm sure I could without problem, but I'm happy following his advice/directions.
So, It take a a little work, and might get a scratch or two on the bell, but I always slide the screws into the slots on the x-mount before mounting the motor onto the airplane. Just my 2 cents.

-G

I understand that some of the Motrolfly motors have mounts that are not supposed to be removed, but the 4315 comes with the X mount unmounted. No disassembly required :)

gyro

GSN Contributor
I understand that some of the Motrolfly motors have mounts that are not supposed to be removed, but the 4315 comes with the X mount unmounted. No disassembly required :)

Interesting, mine have always come fully assembled. Sounds like you're all set then!