• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 58" Edge 540

joshgluck

100cc
So can anyone with 6s help with battery placement, restraints and maybe a pic?

I quickly test fit one of the new 6-32 cap screws and it fits the stock blind nuts.. Isn't that bad since it's made for an m4?

joshgluck

100cc
Bang! Get me some nice weather now and we maiden it!

uploadfromtaptalk1364188265484.jpg

joshgluck

100cc
sweet! looks like a really nice hobby room

Hahaha

That's what happens to the man cave when you have two kids under 5 ;-)

My table is actually my son's tiny craft table with a big sheet of insulation foam to make it large enough to hold the plane. Beggars can't be choosers though so I ain't complaining.

SnowDog

So can anyone with 6s help with battery placement, restraints and maybe a pic?

I've got a few pics of my 6s setup....

IMG_1963.JPG IMG_1962.JPG

IMG_1960.JPG IMG_1944.JPG

and one of the engine mounting for good measure ;)

I should say that since these photos were taken, the stock velcro has been replaced with super heavy duty 2" wide velcro for added security.
Also, there is a loop of HD velcro under the cowl that the battery "slides into" so the battery has a strap at the front and the back.

Last edited by a moderator:

joshgluck

100cc
Thanks SnowDog! Pics are really helpful - Quick question: Did you add those washers on the motor mount to add more than the stock thrust angle or do you have the same number all around? Also on the battery mount, I'll post pics of mine later.. did you put a velcro strip along the bottom too or are you just using the straps? I'm using 1 6s 3300 bat so I ran velcro the entire length up and then straps around them too.. It might just be that my straps need to be replaced with better ones.

Thanks!

I've got a few pics of my 6s setup....

View attachment 7074 View attachment 7075

View attachment 7076 View attachment 7077

and one of the engine mounting for good measure ;)

I should say that since these photos were taken, the stock velcro has been replaced with super heavy duty 2" wide velcro for added security.
Also, there is a loop of HD velcro under the cowl that the battery "slides into" so the battery has a strap at the front and the back.

SnowDog

Thanks SnowDog! Pics are really helpful - Quick question: Did you add those washers on the motor mount to add more than the stock thrust angle or do you have the same number all around? Also on the battery mount, I'll post pics of mine later.. did you put a velcro strip along the bottom too or are you just using the straps? I'm using 1 6s 3300 bat so I ran velcro the entire length up and then straps around them too.. It might just be that my straps need to be replaced with better ones.

Thanks!

Josh,
The washers are equal all around and were done to get the spinner gap correct...since the nylon spacers that I bought from the hardware store were a little shorter than what I needed, I decided to add a few washers to each spacer instead of buying longer spacers and sanding them down.

The battery tray does have a velcro strip down the middle and the battery pack has velcro as well. I would suggest to upgrade your velcro straps...the ones that come with the plane are really not strong enough IMHO. I found 2" HD Velcro from Home Depot and that is what I'm using on all my planes now for battery straps.

I want to get an Edge and am debating the 58 vs the 74 ..... any thoughts? I am not an edge flyer, so far ... judging by the videos, i may like the 58, and i have a set of futaba 9650's i could use. However I do like the bigger sizes.