• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 58" Edge 540

njswede

150cc
I've only flown the 58 and it flies "big" with lots of stability and a great "presence" in the air. It also blasts through wind like nobody's business. I'm sure the 74 is even better. But the 58 has a short and stubby fuse and is easy to transport even in the smallest of vehicles. So if you're looking for something affordable that you can bring with you virtually everywhere, you simply can't go wrong with the 58. It has a super stable harrier, locks into hovers easily and has a wicked, wicked pop top! Also, KE spins are a breeze.

joshgluck

100cc
Any guesses at what I did today?

uploadfromtaptalk1364591885592.jpg

njswede

150cc
Judging from the smile it looks like you just did something we're not allowed to discuss on the site. :) Other than that, I got nothing! :)

joshgluck

100cc
It went really really well. That motrofly on 6s is unlimited! Only got three packs on it as my ability to field charge 6s is limited right now to 5amps at a time. Took a long time to recharge the first pack.

Wind was probably 12mph and gusting. I finally know what you guys mean about flying bigger then it is. I really have to work on my expo settings to dial it down a bit.

I had this and the 42 slick out which I was flying between the first and second packs on the edge. I got pretty bold for me anyways and threw them both around a bit via some flat spins upright and inverted. Definitely a fun time. Hs-225s have good authority. I'm using the standard servo arms that come with them and have to swap out to the dubro HD sets that just came in.

Hoping to get back out tomorrow. Keep yall posted.

joshgluck

100cc
actually it depends on your preferences.... but on 3dhs for me 65-75% expo feels natural, and elevator-rudder throw, all i can get, and 30* on aelerons...

Thanks.. Was running 40-50% and it was a bit twitchy still.. I'll bump up a little and see how it feels.

I've only flown the 58 and it flies "big" with lots of stability and a great "presence" in the air. It also blasts through wind like nobody's business. I'm sure the 74 is even better. But the 58 has a short and stubby fuse and is easy to transport even in the smallest of vehicles. So if you're looking for something affordable that you can bring with you virtually everywhere, you simply can't go wrong with the 58. It has a super stable harrier, locks into hovers easily and has a wicked, wicked pop top! Also, KE spins are a breeze.

thx for the info!