• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

72" Extra 330SC

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
The spring on the idle adjust/stop screw provides tension to help keep the screw from moving. Once you have your TX end points and travel set up you can remove the idle spring and screw if you want or at least back it out so it does not interfere with your low idle TX movement.

+1 remove the idle set screw and it's spring. no need for an idle stop. also unhook but don't remove the throttle shaft spring if desired. these carbs must be supplied for many different applications (weed whackers, etc.) I think.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Bah says the guy flying one of a kind prototypes... Sure you are ;-)

Now a circular flyer like me, that's a different story

I was a few mistakes high, AND I had Joe Smith standing there to toss the sticks to if I freaked out... and I was STILL nervous. Thats why I've got a couple 30cc sized planes, I can relax a little more with them since there isn't thousands of dollars flying!

joshgluck

100cc
Re: 3DHS 72 Extra

I was a few mistakes high, AND I had Joe Smith standing there to toss the sticks to if I freaked out... and I was STILL nervous. Thats why I've got a couple 30cc sized planes, I can relax a little more with them since there isn't thousands of dollars flying!

Yeah I guess with a 30cc you can leave the last s off thousands for savings. They are still a good amount of $$$ in the air.

As for flying with Joe, that would make me feel pretty good too. I'm just worried that by NJ fli Joe is going to start charging for maidens ;-)

Hoping to have my 72 done by then. Let's see when they start shipping...

joshgluck

100cc

Btw, just got stuff in from vvrc including a xoar 3d prop. Anyone ever fly one? It looks ridiculous! 19-3da. I'll post a pic tomorrow. I also picked up a 19x8 and a 20x10. Sound good? 19x8 yo breakin the dle 35?

Last edited by a moderator:

njswede

150cc

So this is what an amazing plane feels like? I'm starting to become more comfortable with my Extra and got down low and did some hovers and harriers. It's really got that locked-in feeling. It's so easy to fly and does exactly what I tell it to. Can't wait for the engine to be fully broken in so I can go nuts with it! Gary and Josh! Get those Extras built! Now!

joshgluck

100cc
So this is what an amazing plane feels like? I'm starting to become more comfortable with my Extra and got down low and did some hovers and harriers. It's really got that locked-in feeling. It's so easy to fly and does exactly what I tell it to. Can't wait for the engine to be fully broken in so I can go nuts with it! Gary and Josh! Get those Extras built! Now!

Way to go Pontus!
If mine was here it'd be on the bench.. Waiting for 5/20..Gary's the one with friends

My new 74 Edge should tide me over, hope the pickup works out this week. And now I've got to get the rest of the pieces.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Way to go Pontus!
If mine was here it'd be on the bench.. Waiting for 5/20..Gary's the one with friends

My new 74 Edge should tide me over, hope the pickup works out this week. And now I've got to get the rest of the pieces.

LOL, it wasn't friendships, it was right place, right time. Trailer was at the FLI Dallas... and so was my checkbook :)

I do need to start.... possibly in a few nights. The new Savox SA-1258TG servos we're evaluating arrived!