• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

89" SkyWing Laser 260 V2 Assembly Thread

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
For Sure. My flying site times are limited due to tourist season, bad weather, and watching my little one... So tackling one step at a time is more fruitful and enjoyable. I do feel that the throttle is more linear now and was a huge step in the right direction.

I'm going to preset some KE mixing from what I felt during my last session:
Top rudder gets a bit of UP elevator. Maybe +5 for starts (I'm sure my Louvers, Spot on tires without pants, are contributing to this drag.
Right rudder gets Left Aileron. Maybe +3 for Starts
Left Rudder gets Right Aileron. Maybe +3 For Starts

One thing I'm noticing with running a cannister is when you let off the throttle you can REALLY hear the prop noise in the air spinning. pretty neat sound. Speaking of sounds there is a little whistle I can hear that reminds me of a turbo LOL I LIKE IT!

I'm getting some exhaust residue inside the empennage through the tunnel covers. Thinking I need to block it off. I cannot think of any reason to have air go back there anyways. Dirty air at that.

-Rick-

100cc
My KE mixing is very close to yours.
I also like hearing the prop when running a canister, I like to do gentle low throttle gliding passes over the field just to listen to the air passing over the airframe.
I prefer rear exhaust canisters for that reason, I want the exhaust to exit to a spot where I don't have to worry about oils/heat entering the fuse.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
New video up:

So far I will say this plane has a quicker roll rate and tumbles easier than the 91” ARS. It also lands a bit quicker and is not as stable post stall. I’ve been adding weight to the tail and it has been helping.

My current rates and KE mixing are posted in the description.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Small update on this pretty plane. Decided my canister was too small based on my inconsistent midrange. After inquiring about it, JMB now recommends the TRA-70L instead of the TRC-60L for the GP-76. So I took the plunge and got a couple (one for another project). Took some modifying off the tunnel, including drafting a canister mount in cad and a buddy laser cutting it for me… talk about cool!!
My flight report is GREAT!! Completely woke up the midrange. So much that I’ll need to eliminate my throttle curve. The responsiveness increased and thus my ability to manipulate my tumbles to stay in them longer.
Can’t wait to fly it again!
663CFBE3-7CE2-4B8A-8193-6AC4F9CA2E63.jpeg4D655C17-A2ED-4A4E-B0A9-A91BEA110580.jpeg2A5CD53F-75BE-4932-B563-C78D3CE364A0.jpegB180A41A-55BB-49E0-ACD2-EA8A9080031E.jpeg6160B4C7-ED62-49FA-A065-F4E4103D4EFB.jpegD1AC2CBB-5535-4B28-8128-EBD9825B76A1.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Small update on this pretty plane. Decided my canister was too small based on my inconsistent midrange. After inquiring about it, JMB now recommends the TRA-70L instead of the TRC-60L for the GP-76. So I took the plunge and got a couple (one for another project). Took some modifying off the tunnel, including drafting a canister mount in cad and a buddy laser cutting it for me… talk about cool!!
My flight report is GREAT!! Completely woke up the midrange. So much that I’ll need to eliminate my throttle curve. The responsiveness increased and thus my ability to manipulate my tumbles to stay in them longer.
Can’t wait to fly it again!
View attachment 120938View attachment 120939View attachment 120940View attachment 120941View attachment 120942View attachment 120943
A lot work and expensive chang looks good. Who made the header.