• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dalton 300 ml build thread.

IMG_7008.JPG
IMG_7003.JPG
IMG_7004.JPG
Great news!!! i got the CG pretty darn close. this is what i did.
i made these plywood side braces, that based on the plans, give a range of 1 and 3/4" from the wing tube center and aft. this also has two holes for the rear pins of the wing, so it helps to further support, using a square, i drew out the range towards the top of the plywood braces, and then i drilled holes from the center of the wing tube and aft to that point by 1/4" increments. when i used the hole that was furthest back on the range, the airplane was nose heavy slightly.
IMG_7003.JPG
View attachment 7535
IMG_7004.JPG

the dashed line represents where my airplanes CG is relative to the wing tube.once i moved it forward and got it on this spot, the CG was perfect!

this of course, is just a rough idea of where it will be. the true dynamic CG will be determined on the maiden.

Attachments

• IMG_7005.JPG
    IMG_7005.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_7007.JPG
    IMG_7007.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 203

Mikeq

150cc
yes, you are correct, you can use only one IBEC and then split with a Y. the instructions from the DA 200 said that the Y is the simplest way. they go on to say, if you want more redundancy, you can use two ignition batteries. But i am going with 2 IBEC. So far, it has worked!!!

I am a big advocate of redundancy and I'm so intrigued with your setup on that Dalton...I'm not questioning what you have done only that if it was absolutely necessary...So when do you think you will be able to maiden and will it be at Sharks? If so and it's on a Saturday or Sunday in the next couple weeks, weather permitted, I might be able to make a trip to see it firsthand...

fencelake

70cc twin V2
your plane is really pretty! It came out awesome! I love how you have it set up inside as well. Great work! I can't wait to see it in person sometime!

Thank you very much fence lake.

Well, this is the only thing holding me back from the maiden. Tower hobbies has shipped out the ball links. They may get here by wednesday? we will keep our fingers crossed!! As of right now, each wing has only one of the two servos connected to the aileron surface. I would not dare fly it with only one servo per aileron!!!

IMG_7009.JPG

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Im finding theres a strange bitter sweet emotion at the end of the build. Excited its done and what's been accomplished and whats to come.. flying.
And an almost sadness that theres going to be a blank space on the table.. temporarily.
It's gorgeous, very happy and nervously excited along with you buddy, well done sir, well done indeed.

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Grrrr. I have a handfull of dubro monster ball links. Want me to mail em rush.. I will if you want, just ask. Serious.