• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Soo, my 104 extra will be grounded for maintenance for the next week or two.

It developed a couple of large cracks in the tail section of the fuselage, which caused violent fluttering of the tail surfaces.

And I'm getting a little wing flex.

Now those aren't things you hear every day about an EF airframe! Hope you tighten up all the loose parts.

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Have heard this tail block issue from a few people now. Its unfortunate to hear of it in an EF airframe.

My 91" extra developed some pretty bad flex around the wing tube, both in the fuse and in the wings themselves. I've added a second wing bolt to both wings to try and stiffen things up a bit.

dth7

Have heard this tail block issue from a few people now. Its unfortunate to hear of it in an EF airframe.

My 91" extra developed some pretty bad flex around the wing tube, both in the fuse and in the wings themselves. I've added a second wing bolt to both wings to try and stiffen things up a bit.

Check the stab tubes!

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Stab tube is pretty tight still, no wobble or deflection in the back end of the airframe so far.

Fingers crossed.

dth7

[video=youtube;4zUoHDEEfMQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zUoHDEEfMQ[/video]

Nice Hone! You are obviously enjoying that one. What are you running for power? Prop? Batt?

Last edited by a moderator:

dth7

[video=youtube;Ex8gQjZNnc4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex8gQjZNnc4[/video]

Nice Jacob. Dueling 48 extras! Love it.
What are you using for a power setup? I have a sunny sky on my MXS using 4s 2200. I get about 5-5:30 flying aggressively. You were going at it on that one and went to 6+. Was the batt toasty after that?

hone

150cc
Nice Hone! You are obviously enjoying that one. What are you running for power? Prop? Batt?

Thanks! It's the stock power combo on 4s 2650s and 12x6 Xoar. After 5 minutes i land with 15-20% left in the packs. Thinking of going up to 4s 3000s.

dth7

Thanks! It's the stock power combo on 4s 2650s and 12x6 Xoar. After 5 minutes i land with 15-20% left in the packs. Thinking of going up to 4s 3000s.

Wow a 12x6! I'm running the sunny sky on 14x7 Xoar right now on the MXS pulling about 60A. Was going to try 13x7. I have a bunch of 2200s so that's what I use.