• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

hone

150cc
Wow a 12x6! I'm running the sunny sky on 14x7 Xoar right now on the MXS pulling about 60A. Was going to try 13x7. I have a bunch of 2200s so that's what I use.

Yeah the 12x6 works well for my style. I might try another motor with 13x6.5 but i've been happy with the 12x6 so far. I installed the cooling baffles and everything stays pretty cool.

A 14x7 must be insane on the MXS!

3dbandit

100cc
Nice Jacob. Dueling 48 extras! Love it.
What are you using for a power setup? I have a sunny sky on my MXS using 4s 2200. I get about 5-5:30 flying aggressively. You were going at it on that one and went to 6+. Was the batt toasty after that?

The one i was flying had the stock power combo from EF and a 12x6 prop.
I was getting 6.5 minutes on a 3300mah 4s pack.

After that flight the pack was really warm.

Last edited by a moderator:

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Yeah the 12x6 works well for my style. I might try another motor with 13x6.5 but i've been happy with the 12x6 so far. I installed the cooling baffles and everything stays pretty cool.

A 14x7 must be insane on the MXS!

It was actually fine for the motor but too much torque and p-factor in the uplines. 13x6 or 7 is fine and gives more time.

Last edited by a moderator:
While Darren was setting up his 78 yesterday I got this video. Tail touches are a new thing for me.

[video=youtube;JwEaHLSfq6Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwEaHLSfq6Q[/video]

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
While Darren was setting up his 78 yesterday I got this video. Tail touches are a new thing for me.

[video=youtube;JwEaHLSfq6Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwEaHLSfq6Q[/video]

I saw you do that Matt! Getting locked into the hovers with that Extra. Nice!

Feral

Yeeeehaaaaaa I'm taking delivery of a 88" edge tommorow and a 125" extra on Friday can't bloody wait