• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Fibertech Hyperlite Slick 540 Build Thread

3Dchief

70cc twin V2
As long as your fan is big enough, you will never notice any more dust and can do away with the mask. I'm really sensitive to oak sawdust specifically, but the others aren't good to breathe either. With boat building, epoxy sanding is pretty messy and not good for your lungs either. All my issues have gone away since I started using my sanding table. I'll never sand without one again, and the mrs really appreciates the reduced mess!

Spats

100cc
Okay I need to get going on picking what engine I'm going to use. I would like to go with a DA120, but man they are a lot of money. I have been thinking that it will either be a DA100 or a DLE120. We had a club meeting last night and one of the members asked if I was going to run mufflers or cans and I told him mufflers. He recommended I should run cans, so now that has got me thinking about putting cans on it, and now is the time to do it before I get the belly pan glued on. You guy's that are running cans, do you have any opinions one way or the other?

I am using cans. I always use cans do to the smooth transition it gives me. Plus it's just less annoying of a sound screaming around the sky. I use Prow Flow cans, they have the best transition throttle response and Dave stands behind his products with great customer support. They are made here in the US so it does not have the recycled aluminum that fades and cracks.

I am so focused on the plane right now I don't want to stop and start another project so the sanding table will have to wait for me but I will be making one before I do another build. Be sure to post some pics of your table.

Bipenut

70cc twin V2
As long as your fan is big enough, you will never notice any more dust and can do away with the mask. I'm really sensitive to oak sawdust specifically, but the others aren't good to breathe either. With boat building, epoxy sanding is pretty messy and not good for your lungs either. All my issues have gone away since I started using my sanding table. I'll never sand without one again, and the mrs really appreciates the reduced mess!

The fan should be big enough it came out of a house furnace. I'm really sensitive to the saw dust too, so I just need to build it. I'm going to pick up the materials this weekend.

Last edited:

Bipenut

70cc twin V2
Thanks for the replies on the cans. We don't have to run them at our field since we don't have any noise restrictions. I didn't realize that the DLE120 was that quiet. I'm going to call Valley View RC this morning and order me a DLE120, I have heard they run extremely smooth.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Have to admit there is nothing like the sound of a nicely tuned twin on cans though. I know Supatim at VVRC is going to be running DLE120 /cans on his new Aeroworks so if you have some questions on setup you could check with him for header length and that sort of thing.

Bipenut

70cc twin V2
Have to admit there is nothing like the sound of a nicely tuned twin on cans though. I know Supatim at VVRC is going to be running DLE120 /cans on his new Aeroworks so if you have some questions on setup you could check with him for header length and that sort of thing.

What are you using for a Falcon prop, 29X9 or a 29X9 wide?