• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D MOJO 65 w/20cc Build

caf2461

50cc
Question for any of you that have built this... @kwj48 , @Balsa dust , @caf2461 , or others, on the horizontal stab - did you sheet both sides or just one side? The instructions imply both sides but the cutout in the fuse looks to only be wide enough to accept sheeting (1/16") on one side. What did you guys do?
Thanks!
My 65 is not sheeted top or bottom. No tri stock in the corners either. Still weighs too much. My Mojo 60 is not sheeted top or bottom either but has tri stock top and bottom on both sides of the stab. Probably a good idea as with an OS120Ax with Beer Can Pipe it has potential to rip its tail off.

BalsaDust

I had the same issue with my mojo 40. Added lift struts on the lower section of the horizontal. Never thought of sheeting the stabs to cure that. But the struts solved the twist I was getting during a roll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From now on for me any 40 size slab of larger will get sheeted on at least one side of the stab.

Alky6

150cc
Got started on the wings.

IMG_3679.JPG

Alky6

150cc
More work on the wings. One thing to remember. Don't forget the servo mount. Pretty ingenious way of doing it. 1/8" light ply slides through a slot in the ribs and is notched. Fortunately I didn't glue anything so I could remove the half rib and slip the left servo mount in. Also used a couple of 3/4" blocks to space and square up the root ribs to match the fuse thickness.

IMG_3713.JPG
IMG_3714.JPG
IMG_3715.JPG
IMG_3716.JPG
IMG_3718.JPG
IMG_3720.JPG

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
That is pretty slick on the servo mount. I wish the Pitts had something similar to that. You're making some pretty good progress on that.:yesss:

Alky6

150cc
Trailing edges are installed. Sanded the trailing edges true before gluing. Use the long sander and some "weights" to make sure the rib tabs were all down on the table and started glueing from the wing tips (made sure they were square and aligned with the plans) and worked my way to the root ribs. To keep the root rib square I used a 3/4 x 1/2 balsa and braced it 90 deg to the table. Then finished gluing the the trailing edge to the root ribs.

IMG_3726.JPG
IMG_3727.JPG
IMG_3728.JPG