• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

-DJO

70cc twin V2
I would not worry about it, i have had some places take 2 weeks to ship me out something before. Also you should not count the weekend, as the place is more than likely closed.

No I'm talking about an actual person, I bought this used, not from a dealer.

:)

Dan

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
OK, in that case I would call the person up tomorrow and ask them what is going on. Who knows maybe the individual has been struck by the flu.

-DJO

70cc twin V2
OK, in that case I would call the person up tomorrow and ask them what is going on. Who knows maybe the individual has been struck by the flu.

No phone number was given...
I'm not sure what to think. But I don't know if I want the 8FG if he has the flu either ;)

Well, the thing is - he should've at least told me that he was traveling or wouldn't be responding. Or even if he did get sick or something, just kindly say it'll be a while before shipping? Something just seems fishy... LOL :confused:

Dan

gyro

GSN Contributor
I'm not sure what to think. But I don't know if I want the 8FG if he has the flu either ;)

Well, the thing is - he should've at least told me that he was traveling or wouldn't be responding. Or even if he did get sick or something, just kindly say it'll be a while before shipping? Something just seems fishy... LOL :confused:

Dan

Dan, Fred is the host of one of our FLI series events, he's a good guy. Give it a little time... I'm sure not hearing from him is driving you nuts, it would drive me nuts too. But trust us, you'll get the radio.

Dan

Yeah dont worry. A lot of the things I've bought on the forums have come without me knowing theyve even shipped yet!

-DJO

70cc twin V2
Dan, Fred is the host of one of our FLI series events, he's a good guy. Give it a little time... I'm sure not hearing from him is driving you nuts, it would drive me nuts too. But trust us, you'll get the radio.

Yeah dont worry. A lot of the things I've bought on the forums have come without me knowing theyve even shipped yet!

Awesome, thanks for the reassurance guys! :cool:
This is an awesome radio too... my FrSky RXs (7 channel) came for it already and they look great!

Dan

+1. I know Fred. He's an honest guy :)

njswede

150cc
What an amazing day I had!

I'm in Austin for business this week and I decided to get here a day early and spend the Sunday with Gary down in San Antonio. I had a lot of fun flying Gary's 58" Edge, 70" Slick and 89" Slick. Gary witnessed my heart stop for a little while when I put his ridiculously over-powered 70" Slick in a pop top and lost orientation of it and got it into an unintended blender. I'm sure it looked pretty cool, but my hands are still shaking from it. :)

Thanks to Gary, Humberto, Frankie and all the other cool dudes in San Antonio for letting me hang out and fly at your field. You guys are truly awesome people! I also want to thank Gary and his lovely wife for their hospitality. Awesome breakfast, awesome flying and awesome steaks to finish it up. What more could a guy ask for?

Last edited by a moderator:

wedoitall

What an amazing day I had!

I'm in Austin for business this week and I decided to get here a day early and spend the Sunday with Gary down in San Antonio. I had a lot of fun flying Gary's 58" Edge, 70" Slick and 89" Slick. Gary witnessed my heart stop for a little while when I put his ridiculously over-powered 70" Slick in a pop top and lost orientation of it and got it into an unintended blender. I'm sure it looked pretty cool, but my hands are still shaking from it. :)

Thanks to Gary, Humberto, Frankie and all the other cool dudes in San Antonio for letting me hang out and fly at your fields. You guys are truly awesome people! I also want to thank Gary and his lovely wife for their hospitality. Awesome breakfast, awesome flying and awesome steaks to finish it up. What more could a guy ask for?

thats awesome Pontus, glad you and Gary got to hang out and whatnot!

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
I know how that feels to do a maneuver and end up in a position you did not intend to. A couple moths back I had my 46'' yak and was practicing funnel hovers. I did about three successfully. I then landed my plane and put another battery in and decided I wanted to do it again. Well It started out fine at about 50 feet up, then it entered a KE spin that I had trouble getting out of. By shear luck I pulled out of the KE spin no more than 5-7 feet from the ground. everyone behind me was saying how cool that was and telling me to do it again. I just laughed and said that was a one time move for the day. Up until that point I had never been locked into a KE spin that I could not get out of but for some reason the plane would not break loose.