• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
My entourage and I are heading to the scale fly-in in Irvington (Azalea City Modelers Assn) first thing Saturday morning. :grouphug: Will be there from 8:00 to get the party started. Head on over. $10 registration gets lunch included. I think you usually eat lunch if I remember correctly. I bet a cheeseburger may just be available. :yesss:

The following Saturday is the big fly-in in Gulfport at MMRCC and then the NEXT weekend is HOW. Whew!!!

As long as Fritz does not burn them to cinder pucks! ( He still is alive right!?) Been a time since I've been out there!

Ya'll staying Fri. night at the Farm, or heading back home?

Yes Donnie. Derek and I Plan on getting there 9ish Friday morning and leaving 5ish Saturday afternoon.:)

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I need to get another Rascal, I loved mine. Had an electric conversion done on it.

LOL, I bought this thing in 2007 and it was used with an O.S. 52FS. Been hanging in the basement for years so to strapped an electric motor on it and put some LED's inside. Needs flaps for super coolness. First plane my wife flew and she loved it.

emtp275

100cc
Got out with @ChickenBalls, @mulehead1969 and others for some BS'n and a little flying today, That redneck Donnie got a few photos of the 104 with smoke on finally think I have it dialed in @stangflyer she worked well on 5.5v BEC I have it around 40% low end and 70% high burned a lot less oil and was fairly clean I waited till I got home to clean up and brought the wings in and they really had nothing on them compared to having to wipe them down twice last time. Also had to try my 91 yak after replacing a burned out throttle servo and man LOL in the month it has been sense I got a good flight on it I forgot how much I love that plane.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
It was good night, everything came home in one piece finally. I wish I hadn't missed flying last night. The Smoke looked great, best part was smoking out Paul, and his trailer. I'll get pics posted tomorrow, camera in truck, to beat/lazy to go get it.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
It was good night, everything came home in one piece finally. I wish I hadn't missed flying last night. The Smoke looked great, best part was smoking out Paul, and his trailer. I'll get pics posted tomorrow, camera in truck, to beat/lazy to go get it.

Talk about LAZY.....I'm still working on servos for Saturday's fly in:beaten:. Got to get the plugs changed out too:black-eye:.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Got out with @ChickenBalls, @mulehead1969 and others for some BS'n and a little flying today, That redneck Donnie got a few photos of the 104 with smoke on finally think I have it dialed in @stangflyer she worked well on 5.5v BEC I have it around 40% low end and 70% high burned a lot less oil and was fairly clean I waited till I got home to clean up and brought the wings in and they really had nothing on them compared to having to wipe them down twice last time. Also had to try my 91 yak after replacing a burned out throttle servo and man LOL in the month it has been sense I got a good flight on it I forgot how much I love that plane.
Here ya go PUNK First pics are test hits, to see if he could run the Pollock off. Paul said he knew something was up, when he saw Justin, and I talking :lol2: smoke really didn't show up in sky, as it was cloudy out, believe me, she's SMOKING. Justin is @mulehead1969 helping you collect that smoke fluid you using?

Attachments

• DSCF4984.JPG
    DSCF4984.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 220
  • DSCF4986.JPG
    DSCF4986.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 240
  • DSCF4988.JPG
    DSCF4988.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 239
  • DSCF4993.JPG
    DSCF4993.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 269
  • DSCF4995.JPG
    DSCF4995.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 224
  • DSCF4996.JPG
    DSCF4996.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 244
  • DSCF4997.JPG
    DSCF4997.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 230
  • DSCF4998.JPG
    DSCF4998.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 215
  • DSCF4999.JPG
    DSCF4999.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 203
  • DSCF5001.JPG
    DSCF5001.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 257

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
View attachment 42909

All loaded up and ready to have a good time at the field tomorrow.
Awesome. Thought I would be flying alone tomorrow. Nice to know someone can join me in the festivities. Even if we're in different parts of the country.
:LOL_gif:
I'm not loaded up yet, but will be soon after the Big Sukhoi is done charging. Thinking since it's been months since I assembled my 3dhs electric Extra, maybe I will take it with tomorrow as well.:yesss:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I'm still farting around with this so I can fly "circles" with it at tomorrows scale fly in. :cautious: No Hucking just trucking:(.
Nah.....Hope to have a great time doing scale like maneuvers with it:).

View attachment 42910
Ummm....Kelly? Hate to break the bad news to you. Those things are supposed to have wings to fly, right? And of course...aerodynamically speaking.... it really should have a cowl. What about your pilot dude? Where does he sit? If ya take that flying...lemme know how that works out for you.
:spongebob: