• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Ummm....Kelly? Hate to break the bad news to you. Those things are supposed to have wings to fly, right? And of course...aerodynamically speaking.... it really should have a cowl. What about your pilot dude? Where does he sit? If ya take that flying...lemme know how that works out for you.
:spongebob:

HAHAHAHAHAH......HEHEHEHEHEHEH......WOAWOAWOAWOA......now that THAT is over.......I guess I better get me butt back in the shop!:laughing:

Madinpensacola

70cc twin V2
I'm still farting around with this so I can fly "circles" with it at tomorrows scale fly in. :cautious: No Hucking just trucking:(.
Nah.....Hope to have a great time doing scale like maneuvers with it:).

View attachment 42910
No no no... a few of us did scale hovering and hoop-ti-dos at the last "scale" fly-in and everybody liked us even when we were done. At one point I was hovering the Ultimate just smoking it up at about 50 feet or so while Magic Mike did loops around me with his big 40%? Carden Edge. Twas very scale like. :yesss:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
No no no... a few of us did scale hovering and hoop-ti-dos at the last "scale" fly-in and everybody liked us even when we were done. At one point I was hovering the Ultimate just smoking it up at about 50 feet or so while Magic Mike did loops around me with his big 40%? Carden Edge. Twas very scale like. :yesss:

Is Mike going to be there this year? Last time I saw him fly was at the "Polo Field" in 2001. And yes he was flying a 42cent Carden Edge then!

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Tomorrow the weather is supposed to be great. Our club is hosting the St. Louis FPV Racers Fall Classic so the field will be closed for most of the day. I've never seen a FPV Quad race, but it sounds like it should be pretty cool. I'm taking a helicopter with me so I can hopefully get in a few flights when the race is over.

20151009_210123_resized.jpg

Madinpensacola

70cc twin V2
Tomorrow the weather is supposed to be great. Our club is hosting the St. Louis FPV Racers Fall Classic so the field will be closed for most of the day. I've never seen a FPV Quad race, but it sounds like it should be pretty cool. I'm taking a helicopter with me so I can hopefully get in a few flights when the race is over.

View attachment 42914
Haven't flown a heli in a very long time but those Goblins are firmly attached to my aesthetics button. They look sooooooo nice to me. :)

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Haven't flown a heli in a very long time but those Goblins are firmly attached to my aesthetics button. They look sooooooo nice to me. :)
I've only flown this one a few times so far. It's been a work in progress trying to get the paint scheme to something I can see well. It started as the white and gray factory scheme that I really liked, but might as well been the stealth scheme to my eyes. I then added some green and yellow to the canopy. That helped, but not enough. I then added more yellow to the canopy and painted the boom yellow. Today will be the first test for that, but I have high hopes.:)