• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
:msn_slap: Damn computer radios......Just when you think...." I'm going out flying":)

Your radio says.......nope!:very_angry:

Attachments

• 1011151328-00.jpg
    1011151328-00.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I need to be posting in the "I'm not going out flying" thread:(. And the "18mz 14sg 8fg" tips and tricks:sorry:

Well......At least I got DR/ Expo to ch 7 & 8. Had to assign channel its function and all is well!

So maybe...Just maybe I can "I'm going out flying"

I don't know....Looks very confined to fly in here!?
1011151627-00.jpg

Last edited:
Got out today with @ChickenBalls @emtp275 @mulehead1969 and some other folks flying with our good friend Raoul, visiting us from Memphis. Completely forgot to pull the camera out :oops:but plan to get out again tomorrow and will shoot some pics of all of us flying. Considering yesterday was a complete wash out today we were greeted with Carolina blue skys. Thanks to @Paul Puszynski for great ribs and the lovely Heather for the baked beans.:epic:

Last edited:

Madinpensacola

70cc twin V2
Here is a another pic of me NOT flying!!! And it is absolutely beautiful outside!

View attachment 42961
Dang. I only flew for about 3 hours or so. Honestly the sky was a bit too blue, the wind too light, and the temperatures about 2 degrees too hot. You didn't miss anything. Just me and the Cub putting about and blowing smoke. That's all. Your runway looks nice though. Like an old carrier deck made of wood and all.
:spongebob::grouphug:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
My friend Tom and I decided to venture up north of home an hour to a different field to fly. We were invited to come up for a family day at the field in Emmett. The weather here has been absolutely heaven sent. Warm blue skies, light breezes and 80 degrees. Pretty sure we surprised a few folks as it appeared they'd really never witnessed giant scale aerobatic planes performing the things we did. At one point I brought my plane in really-really low and very slow. Once center stage, (so to speak) I mashed the gas and yanked the elevators full up. The ole' girl just "popped" straight up and planted. Could have swore I heard a few onlookers gasp as she came to rest nose up. Tom of course had to wow the crowd with his Pilot 40% SBach with smoke boiling off the bottom. We did witness an unfortunate event though. One of the more senior members was maidening a brand new Ag wagon. Nice little plane. That is until he lifted off and she rolled left and continued rolling until completely upside down. Slamming into the ground and coming to rest with numerous aircraft parts scattering. Poor gent forgot to check ailerons for proper operation. Reversed surfaces suck. Still it was a fun day. All in all a decent weekend.

Last edited:

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
I took the freestyle 260 out behind the house last night and got a couple fights on it. Unfortunately the second flight had a premature ending. Hovering 6" off the ground and pushed elevator to fly out of it. Pushed to much and ended in a broken prop and snapped landing gear. One piece of the gear poked through the covering on the wing so I'll have to patch that, but otherwise it's fine.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Glad all you got out and flew this week end :way_to_go:. I soooooo much wanted to get the 104 checked out in the air but it took me some time to get the radio figured with the best set up and programming. I know I previously blew out my aileron servos because of a "quick" set up on the new radio and had each half of the aileron servos sharing a channel. I opted to put the 2209s in every thing except elevators which have 3114s. These are a bit more speedy at .10 transit but still powerfull @365ozin torque. Everything seems to be nice and balanced. Found the best end points for the maximum amount of travel.
I am so looking forward to see the difference in flight control. It looks as if the weather is going to be very pleasant well in to next week end. @Madinpensacola let me know if you want to hook up during the week.