• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
LOL! I flew the Edge :) The DLE-170 made all of the difference in the world, especially with the wind we were fighting this weekend. I just need to find a set of 90mm drop headers for it so I can get the cans back in the plane. Didn't realize just how quiet it really was with the cans until I fired up the 170 on stock mufflers. Throttle control was the name of the game this weekend. I did manage to get a few 10's on sound though.

That's awesome. I do not compete but the Edge is a strong competitor in any kind of flying. I really want a 100cc Edge to do what I like to do and just have fun with it.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
WOW!..Va Beach has changed! Much more "friendly" thrill seeking experience's to be sought.
I don't remember it quite like that (1979) but alcohol was involved in my thrill seeking:cheers:.
Eyeball candy was thrilling as well:).

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hey Rob, @stangflyer,
Do you have the DLE in your big Edge? If so, where did you get the headers for it?
Hey Mark...if you are referring to my 100cc Pilot Edge, Yes, I have a DLE 111 in it. The headers are MTW headers. I believe they are 70mm drop. Apparently they made a slight change since the first ones I got for the PAU. Still pretty much the same. The cans are MTW 75's. Great combo on the 111. The PAU breaks the prop loose about three quarter throttle and the prop doesn't stop ripping till you bring her down to about just that same three quarter throttle. I prefer to not have so much rip, but that motor with the headers and cans just sings and runs like a sewing machine. Thinking I might go from the 28x10 to a 29x9.

Hey Mark...if you are referring to my 100cc Pilot Edge, Yes, I have a DLE 111 in it. The headers are MTW headers. I believe they are 70mm drop. Apparently they made a slight change since the first ones I got for the PAU. Still pretty much the same. The cans are MTW 75's. Great combo on the 111. The PAU breaks the prop loose about three quarter throttle and the prop doesn't stop ripping till you bring her down to about just that same three quarter throttle. I prefer to not have so much rip, but that motor with the headers and cans just sings and runs like a sewing machine. Thinking I might go from the 28x10 to a 29x9.
The 29" prop will rip at a lower RPM than a 27" prop.

Going bigger wont counteract the prop rip, unless you load it up with alot of pitch.