• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

BalsaDust

Dude...those are kick. My son and I picked up a couple of Fun 51's from Tower a few years back. Built them, covered them in authentic ww2 schemes and installed some vicious glow (shudder) motors. I had an O.S. 40 ringed and bearing in mine with a tuned pipe. That thing cooked and talk about fun. Truth be known, that could be where my desire for aerobatic mayhem began. :laughing:

Lol and you think the fun 51 was fun you should try a mojo. One problem with the fun51 is the fuse does not have a tube in it so it can't be dorked like a mojo can. Mine has a piped OS 46ax turning a 12x4 and has absolutely ballistic power. Plus the sound of a piped two stroke is fun. Been wanting to build a slab to bolt a piped OS 120ax on but them 120's ain't cheap and they thirsty. The 120 sounds like it's got a fat cam in it when idling.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Lol and you think the fun 51 was fun you should try a mojo. One problem with the fun51 is the fuse does not have a tube in it so it can't be dorked like a mojo can. Mine has a piped OS 46ax turning a 12x4 and has absolutely ballistic power. Plus the sound of a piped two stroke is fun. Been wanting to build a slab to bolt a piped OS 120ax on but them 120's ain't cheap and they thirsty. The 120 sounds like it's got a fat cam in it when idling.

A buddy has the Mojo extreme with a 55ax and a aluminum coke can pipe. Serious fun. Another buddy scratched a blown version of the Mojo with a Saito 180. Does everything the Mojo does but slower. KE loops on the deck!

BalsaDust

Yeah I have a 55ax with the dollar tree can setup on it. I have it currently bolted on a sbach profile that is pretty well destroyed so it will be being moved to the new edge profile I have that needs covering. Its a great choice for the mojo but I was able to keep mine under 4lbs when I built it so I stayed with the 46.

BalsaDust

Oh and when you say mojo extreme I feel you may meen the Moass version of the mojo. Basically stands for more @$$ with a bigger elevator and rudder. All the mojo kits that swany sells these days come that way.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Some pics from Tuesday afternoon. Had the itch to go fly :oblong:

IMG_7220.JPG
IMG_7356.JPG
IMG_7475.JPG

Some video :too-cool:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
:(Been raining all week down here in Dixie. Suck. And when it does clear up the wind usually......well......Suck.

So another song and dance................:dancing-chicken:

"I CAN'T GET NO....SATISFACTION" :ugh!::ugh!::ugh!::ugh!::ugh!:.

:(Been raining all week down here in Dixie. Suck. And when it does clear up the wind usually......well......Suck.

So another song and dance................:dancing-chicken:

"I CAN'T GET NO....SATISFACTION" :ugh!::ugh!::ugh!::ugh!::ugh!:.
Just got back from Columbus where I attended my sons graduation from IBOLC at Ft Benning. Yep it was really rainy this morning when we left but punched out of it just before getting to Atlanta. Definitely a bunch:eek: of rain down your way the whole time we were there. Hope it dries up for you folks soon! :)

Last edited:

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Just got back from Columbus where I attended my sons graduation from IBOLIC at Ft Benning. Yep it was really rainy this morning when we left but punched out of it just before getting to Atlanta. Definitely a bunch:eek: of rain down your way the whole time we were there. Hope it dries up for you folks soon! :)
Just got your email this morning Bart. Huge "CONGRATS" to you an the Mrs., to Ben also.
Question: Does Ben have the authority to enforce Border Patrol? There is rumor of a Aussie/Hispanic gent, who will be traveling from WineOGayCalifornia, leave time 4/30/2016, said arrival in NC, 5/4/2016. He has no green card, and I'd like for him to be detained, truck searched for large quantities of alcohol, an "PAPER TOWELS"