• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

pawnshopmike

Staff member
All better now!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

BalsaDust

Well, Maiden of the Grasshopper wasn't pretty.:( Combination of tail heavy, high rates and low pilot skill equalled a wild ride! Got her back on the ground with a nose plant. Luckily it wasn't a total loss. All damage is already repaired and I was hoping to fly it again today after turning down the rates. But it seems that an aileron servo stripped out. So I'll have to grab a new one tomorrow.

Damage pics.
View attachment 32551 View attachment 32552View attachment 32554

Damn that sucks dude. Is that how much down thrust that motor has in it or did it get knocked all funny in the nose plant? Seems like a lot.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Well, Maiden of the Grasshopper wasn't pretty.:( Combination of tail heavy, high rates and low pilot skill equalled a wild ride! Got her back on the ground with a nose plant. Luckily it wasn't a total loss. All damage is already repaired and I was hoping to fly it again today after turning down the rates. But it seems that an aileron servo stripped out. So I'll have to grab a new one tomorrow.

Damage pics.
View attachment 32551 View attachment 32552View attachment 32554
Ouch, hate that Mike, glad she was repairable.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Damn that sucks dude. Is that how much down thrust that motor has in it or did it get knocked all funny in the nose plant? Seems like a lot.
That's the way it was setup. I used the factory motor box. I thought it looked funky too but this is my first cubby so I have no comparisons.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Hell, maybe it needs even more down thrust! It took off in about 2' , literally and it just wanted to climb climb climb.