• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

BalsaDust

yeah my yard is the same way. Got my purple stix loaded in the truck though to go fly in the morning when I get off of work. Got it more neutrally balanced so should be more better now. You gonna video the maiden of the grasshopper?

pawnshopmike

Staff member
yeah my yard is the same way. Got my purple stix loaded in the truck though to go fly in the morning when I get off of work. Got it more neutrally balanced so should be more better now. You gonna video the maiden of the grasshopper?
I hope to. I've had a run of bad luck with electronics the last couple weeks but I'll do my best. I'll at least get my wife to record it on her phone.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Thank you kind sir.:way_to_go:

It's been storming here for the past several hours. Hopefully it lets up soon.
It looks like it's going to be like that here today as well, so I'll be in the shop disassembling and reassembling the Goblin 570 I just got. After tinkering with it a bit it was obvious that who ever built it doesn't know the meaning of the word Loctite! The hazards of buying used, but thankfully I love to tinker with things.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Between last night and today I removed every bolt, ball, screw and nut from my Goblin 570 and reassembled it with Loctite. Next I need to redo and tidy up all the wiring.

Then I need to find someone to tidy up my workbench.;)

20150726_164219_resized.jpg

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Well, Maiden of the Grasshopper wasn't pretty.:( Combination of tail heavy, high rates and low pilot skill equalled a wild ride! Got her back on the ground with a nose plant. Luckily it wasn't a total loss. All damage is already repaired and I was hoping to fly it again today after turning down the rates. But it seems that an aileron servo stripped out. So I'll have to grab a new one tomorrow.

Damage pics.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg