• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

emtp275

100cc
Shame on you for letting her be a FAT NASTY GIRL
Look at that nasty girl shine LOL, Crappy phone pic but she is slicker than skeeters peter LOL
image(16).jpeg

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Didn't hurt it bad. Crunched the nose a little, broke the prop and broke the glue joint on the landing gear block. What I learned. Don't hit the throttle kill switch by mistake when in a hover 8' off the ground.
Check it out.
Yep. That'll do it every time. Was you tying to hit a different switch? Or just an accidental thing?
Maybe that train ruined your concentration.:confused:

Looked pretty good up till that point bro. You happy with the power combo? Looked like it had plenty of gumption to me.

BalsaDust

Yeah I'm trying out different props and gonna try a 4S lipo in the morning. 3S on a 13x6 prop is plenty of power though.

BalsaDust

Wow a 13x6. That bird is bigger than I thought.

Not really. 40" wingspan and has a 2200mah 3S 30c lipo on it. the green one I built the guy that will own it is running a much higher KV motor and will be running a 11x6 prop. All personal preference really. I like the feel of a bigger prop as it moves more air across the surfaces and seems to be more stable in HA. just my opinion though.

rcpilotacro

70cc twin V2
Cooked and Cleaned some of the Meth Engines, Rigged up a Combo Portable Engine Test Bed / Stand. Top one is inspired by Ron Sexton's engine test stand. The one that won't fit in them goes to regular stand. Regular stand also keeps oil spill from the exhaust inside the box, top one keeps it on the stand. thereby not dirtying up the place (keeps RC Wife happy)
Engine Overhaul MAX.jpg

Engine Test bed combo.jpg

Engine Test bed combo3.jpg