• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Played around with the 12s set up the last couple of evenings on the extra. Being this my first 12s...I have found that wire size and length are critical to optimizing performance. I installed dual XT60 connectors to run the 6S packs in series instead of the adaptor I had previously made. This greatly reduced resistance and now the system swings the 20x10 falcon carbon with out shut downs. I also replaced the speed controller wires with higher strand count 8awg wire. The little bullet connector between the two XT60 connectors is the "Anti-spark" connection. One of the two packs has the female (anti-spark) connector soldered to the positive balance lead. It actually works and eliminates the plasma arc completely when hooking up the second pack.

View attachment 92140 View attachment 92141 View attachment 92142 View attachment 92143 View attachment 92144

Very nice Kelly. And get well soon!

Billy J

50cc
IMG_7904.JPG
Set up tail sections on the 2 1/4 scale American eagle 51 kits tonight / two part fuse with a few bulkheads in there --- I'll incident wing then set in aft tail section and nail it down lol Likes line retracts in one other has 161 Robart air gear zdz 80 twin in one Other is Static Crazy horse

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Thanks Terry I remember that video it sure is easier than what I did. But there is one problem, tryed to find that foam you recommend but it is not available in Canada at 6mm. Will pickup some next time I am down in the states and do it the way you demonstrate in the video.

I got that 6mm Darice on E-bay !! Only bought 1 sheet & it was about 5 bucks though.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks Terry I remember that video it sure is easier than what I did. But there is one problem, tryed to find that foam you recommend but it is not available in Canada at 6mm. Will pickup some next time I am down in the states and do it the way you demonstrate in the video.

I can't say for sure but I think Amazon ships to Canada. You may see some strange melting with the EPP......maybe not, but it has a lower melting point for sure. This foam you basically butt it right into the fins of the engine and it makes it's own clearance. Just in case: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KDMQB4Y/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I can't say for sure but I think Amazon ships to Canada. You may see some strange melting with the EPP......maybe not, but it has a lower melting point for sure. This foam you basically butt it right into the fins of the engine and it makes it's own clearance. Just in case: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KDMQB4Y/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks again just ordered a couple of packs. Hope it does not melt to bad, but if it does I will have the good stuff to replace it. Thanks

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Thanks again just ordered a couple of packs. Hope it does not melt to bad, but if it does I will have the good stuff to replace it. Thanks

I did the baffles on my 91" Slick out of Depron and the baffles on my 107" Yak and 126" Extra out of the creative foam and the baffles on the 91" Slick have melted big time compared to the creative foam. You will like the creative foam, it's a lot more robust than Depron and cuts pretty clean, remains very flexible while you're working with it but when glued together to make baffles it sits pretty solidly.