• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Yippee! What the postman brought

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Just felt like buying another one. My 3rd Permagrit tool.

Perma grit tool.jpg

TonyHallo

150cc
I was looking for a new radio, considered the X20, I think I read every post on the RCG forum, decided to stay with the Taranis 2019 SE. Can't image anything easier than setting up a new plane in Companion. I'm sure ETHOS will get there some day but I'm too old too wait! I sure you will be happy with the X20. Been flying FRSKY for many years, started with a module in my Futaba 9C(2011), then the Taranis Model B (2014), still works fine and the only radio I used until recently buying the X9D plus 2019 SE.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
The Powerbox Core radio will be my next transmitter. I was shown its capabilities by one of their sponsored pilots and this diehard Futaba fan was blown away. Amazing radio.

-Rick-

100cc
I was looking for a new radio, considered the X20, I think I read every post on the RCG forum, decided to stay with the Taranis 2019 SE. Can't image anything easier than setting up a new plane in Companion. I'm sure ETHOS will get there some day but I'm too old too wait! I sure you will be happy with the X20. Been flying FRSKY for many years, started with a module in my Futaba 9C(2011), then the Taranis Model B (2014), still works fine and the only radio I used until recently buying the X9D plus 2019 SE.

I started on the Frsky road with a X12S, I came from JR. I have never looked back. I always set up my planes on the TX itself, only used companion to look at logs to see that the set up on a new plane was good for RSSI. I found it easier to set up my planes "live" so that I could see what the surfaces are doing. I guess that is a left over from my JR days.
I have followed the same thread on RCG and can not believe the nay Sayers that complain about no OTX. I'm setting up my new Vertigo with ETHOS and have not found anything that OTX could do that ETHOS can't do. Yes it has "canned" mixes but also has "free mixes" so anything with anything like OTX.
So far very impressed with the X20S and ETHOS!

BalsaDust

I started on the Frsky road with a X12S, I came from JR. I have never looked back. I always set up my planes on the TX itself, only used companion to look at logs to see that the set up on a new plane was good for RSSI. I found it easier to set up my planes "live" so that I could see what the surfaces are doing. I guess that is a left over from my JR days.
I have followed the same thread on RCG and can not believe the nay Sayers that complain about no OTX. I'm setting up my new Vertigo with ETHOS and have not found anything that OTX could do that ETHOS can't do. Yes it has "canned" mixes but also has "free mixes" so anything with anything like OTX.
So far very impressed with the X20S and ETHOS!

I would say some canned mixes is a nice thing, will make it easier for someone coming over from from one of the name brands.

I'm the same way though except I started with Futaba. As soon as I got used to my X9D I sold all of my futaba stuff. I do now have a Spetrum DX9 but it is only for my small BNF stuff.