• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 64" 20% Scale Electric Conversion MXS-R At Joe Nall 2015

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
I've heard that the 5XXX servos do not have the best centering, especially when compared to a 7XXX series on the *larger birds with bigger surfaces. I had some 5525's in a 65-68" bird, and I didn't like the centering. Don't know if anybody else here can confirm the sub-par centering on the 5 series Hitec's when put on a larger control surface?

I Love Nachos

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I've run both and I haven't noticed a difference in the centering. I can say that my 7955s have always been my go to on the big stuff. I've put those servos through just about everything and they always perform.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Could have just been the 5525's or similar 5 series then. Can't say anything on the 5565's. I have the 7955's in a 71" sick and they have been rock solid, they are not HV servos, wheras the 5565's are.

I Love Nachos

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
The 7955 is not labeled as HV but you can run them at 7.4 volts. They have just been around so long they don't have them on the packaging.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
[MENTION=206]I Love Nachos[/MENTION]

Hey Brother do you have any building tips you would like to share before I start in on mine?
Question: What are those 2 big plastic strut looking things and will I be needing them for this electric build?
Last question for now is how long were the motor stand offs you used for that HackerA60?

Thanks man...Also looking forward to the graphics you sent. Going to look so AWESOME!!!

I Love Nachos

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
The struts are for the gas build so pitch them. The build is actually really easy. I would suggest when you mount the cowl to put a plastic washer in between the cowl and the fuse. It makes the canopy go on and off easier. If you are going pull pull, run the cables before mounting the elevator servos in the fuse. It will just be easier. I don't remember how long my stand offs are but you can mount the cowl in different positions so the stand offs can vary.

I'll try to think if there is anything else but that's all I can think of!