• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 64" 20% Scale Electric Conversion MXS-R At Joe Nall 2015

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Well the FedEx dude just dropped off my MSXR...WoW man [MENTION=2215]Aerobeez[/MENTION] that was fast guys. Thanks much for that. There's just something about this plane, I look at it and it just looks pissed off like it's gona kick your arse. Mean! Love it and will be a great addition sitting next to the Slick Pro.

Thanks again guys.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
[MENTION=2215]Aerobeez[/MENTION]

So at the start of this thread you guys listed this
Our MXS-R in the video is a electric conversion.
Motor: Hacker A60-6XS
ESC: Hitec Sport 80
Battery: Thunder Power 6S 5000Mah 40c
What prop were you using? I kind of like this setup.

Aerobeez

70cc twin V2
Well the FedEx dude just dropped off my MSXR...WoW man [MENTION=2215]Aerobeez[/MENTION] that was fast guys. Thanks much for that. There's just something about this plane, I look at it and it just looks pissed off like it's gona kick your arse. Mean! Love it and will be a great addition sitting next to the Slick Pro.

Thanks again guys.
[MENTION=3728]Bushwacker[/MENTION]

Awesome news, looking forward to seeing some pics of it built!

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
[MENTION=2215]Aerobeez[/MENTION]
Decisions Decisions. I have a Motrolfly DM4320-450Kv w/17x10 Xoar prop in a 8.5 to 9.0 lb 65" Vyper and Im getting just shy of 300 watts per pound. Wonder what you guys were getting? I only ask because of my style of flying I like it a bit faster not so much low and slow 3D if your setup is producing better results then I would bag what I have and go that way. I know you said you were probably going to tame it down a little, was it way to over powered or just doing it for general public?

I Love Nachos

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I don't have a watt meter so I never checked it. But it's got tons of power. Only thing I will probably change is a lighter battery. So I will be trying some 3800s in it. I wouldn't say it's crazy over powered but it definitely has unlimited vertical and it is a rocket. I prefer the larger setups usually and in this case it's not exception.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Nice thanks Nacho, so I guess I will just try what I have and see what happens. If I don't like it then you my friend just gave me some very good info and idea's. Thanks for doing the work brother. :)

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
So back to the original topic on the servos. Why change the HS-5565MH for the others? They seem to be a very good servo and fast as hell with good strength and decent price to boot. Wish my 7954's were that fast.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
So back to the original topic on the servos. Why change the HS-5565MH for the others? They seem to be a very good servo and fast as hell with good strength and decent price to boot. Wish my 7954's were that fast.

It's a great servo, it's just not super torquey. They make great throttle servos because of their speed, but even for a 25% airplane you want something mid 250-300oz of torque, especially with the size of control surfaces modern 3D airplanes have. Typically why I recommend at least the 7955 as minimum for 25% and above 3D airplanes. I just don't trust the brass gears on larger airplanes. But then again, I fly pretty hard.