I have the tape completed on the fuselage and need one more piece on an elevator that needed recovered. Weather forecast for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday is showing high 60's, might get the PolySpray on before winter.
72 F high tomorrow, have the fuselage set up to rotate for painting, and the other parts ready to lay out. Plan to spray in the back yard. If all goes well I'll put the silver on on Wednesday. The paint will have all winter to gas off. The wings had 13 years to gas off!
Put two coats of Poly Brush on yesterday, reviewed the Stits manual before hand since it has been a long time since I used the system. The manual recommends spraying a coat in the morning and the second coat in the afternoon. Finished the first coat before lunch and second coat at 1600. The recommended procedure is to spray a light coat, allow to flash then follow with a wet coat. I did one side at time to avoid runs allowing the Poly Brush to flash off before turning. The second coat was just a wet coat.
Took the Vega out for a cruise in between and filled it up with ethanol free gas before winter, just might get it painted someday! The primer been on since 2000!
Today I hope to iron out the defects and put a coat of Poly Brush thinned 50-50 on all parts. This is also recommended in the manual on those parts that painted with Poly Brush and placed in storage for a period, I guess 13 years qualifies for that!
If all goes well I will spray a coat of Poly Spray in the afternoon.
Completed the Poly Spray application for the time being. Decided to assemble the Cub and do a weight check. I hope to take it to our November Indiana Flyers Club meeting in November.
Have the mains and tailwheel on. The tailwheel is a thing of beauty. It came from Cirrus that use to advertise in the IMAA magazine. They offered a 1/4 and 1/3 scale setup.
I made brake drums and backing plates just because the lathe was new back in the day.