• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale BUSA Super Cub

TonyHallo

150cc
It's been quite a while but pretty sure I used this photo.
Brake Photo.jpg

TonyHallo

150cc
More details.
The tail wires are 3/32" SS TIG wire threaded for 2-56 threads, a short piece of 1/8 tube, and 2 2-56 nuts. A plain nut is inside the clevis and scale brass nut on the end of the tube in an attempt to simulate the first photo. I might order some hex stock to make bigger hex nuts, the plain 2-56 hex just doesn't look right, too thin.

000_0350.JPG

IMG_2848.jpg
IMG_2849.jpg
IMG_2850.jpg
IMG_2851.jpg

TonyHallo

150cc
The tail position light is a 8 mm 1/2 watt LED. I have the lights on a logic switch that comes true when the switch SD is up and the ignition is on.
IMG_2852.jpg
IMG_2853.jpg
IMG_2854.jpg

TonyHallo

150cc
Steven,
Finally put the tap guide to work. Works great! Thank you again.
Purchased 12L14 3/16" carbon steel hex bar from McMaster Carr. The 12L14 material drills, turns, mills and taps like butter. Took a few hours but I like the results. There are about 10 operations in each piece and I had to do them one at a time, thank God for the DRO's.
Next up will mount the engine and make the throttle and choke linkages. Also working on a plug for the air cleaner dome, I'm embarrassed to say how long I've been working on it! There are a few different versions of the the air inlet on Super Cubs, the cowl provided with the kit is a the round version as shown below.

IMG_2856.jpg
IMG_2858.jpg
6972145.jpg

TonyHallo

150cc
Got the throttle and choke linkage complete, both are pull on, spring off. Repurposed the cooling duct from the Cherokee for this install. I sent a message off to Falcon Props asking about their 3" spinner and 25" CF prop, no rely yet. Swinging a 26 x10 on the Champ, I plan to use a 25X9 here.

IMG_2859.jpg

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Questions about forward/under your front windshield. How did you wrap the front of the plane?