• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dalton 300 ml build thread.

yes Bobby! today i did the Sportsman about 18 times.
still need a lot more practice to do.
i have never done an unknown before, so the 1st, well, the whole year, will be interesting.

just finished making some repairs.

the small 6-32 screws that go thru the wheel pants and into the axle, both sides, fell out during flight. so i repaired this.
and i did not like the secraft fuel dot. Every time i refuel, fuel came out, so i went with a traditional fuel dot. anyone guess which one this is???

after 11 flights, the wheel pants, landing gear, tail wheel, is all holding up.
before todays 1st flight, i removed the spinner, and to my surprise,. all the bolts were sort of loose, or should i say, not tight enough!

i will definitely check this again tomorrow before she takes off again.
IMG_7191.JPG
IMG_7192.JPG

and i did not like the secraft fuel dot. Every time i refuel, fuel came out.

Gravity. The fuel dots are lower than the fuel tanks. Longer fill lines and keeping the opening above the tank will keep from expelling fuel before you fill up. Or you could install some 1/8" check valves, fuel in, nothing out. Just what residual is in the line before the check valve.

My filler is on the right side of the airplane, in front of the fwd most hatch retaining bolt, under the corner plate.

yes Bobby! today i did the Sportsman about 18 times.
still need a lot more practice to do.
i have never done an unknown before, so the 1st, well, the whole year, will be interesting.

just finished making some repairs.

the small 6-32 screws that go thru the wheel pants and into the axle, both sides, fell out during flight. so i repaired this.
and i did not like the secraft fuel dot. Every time i refuel, fuel came out, so i went with a traditional fuel dot. anyone guess which one this is???

after 11 flights, the wheel pants, landing gear, tail wheel, is all holding up.
before todays 1st flight, i removed the spinner, and to my surprise,. all the bolts were sort of loose, or should i say, not tight enough!

i will definitely check this again tomorrow before she takes off again.View attachment 10834View attachment 10835
Last year's Sportsman would be a good "unknown" to practice and it's on the IMAC home page! I have copies of some past year's unknowns if you want to try a few just let me know and I can send them to you.

flew this baby 8 times today!! wow is all i can say. got it mostly all trimmed out. i am still on the fence on whether she needs a slight amount of right thrust, but otherwise, she tracks on money! sometimes, without any rudder, it will fly straight up, other times, i need to add right rudder to keep her straight.
ok, when i go to take her off, she will pull to the left each time, i always have to give her right rudder on take off.